Thread: 2007.5 lmm

Potential Tuner

Cool 2007.5 lmm

my buddy's truck was a great running truck until his truck started throngs cods. he had to remove somethings and he bought a eflive tuner thinking it would work. well he didn't read every thing and he erased his ecm I'm not sure if I can use my hp tuner on it because he erased his ecm. I do know that I'm going to need a stock program for his truck but I'm not sure what I have to do so some help would be nice if I could get some.

Didn't know you could "Erase" an ECM with EFI live. If that is actually the case then you will need GM SPS programming and do a replace module and program. Then you can use HP Tuners to do a software modification.

Potential Tuner
    I don't under stand it because when I run a dynastic it says the ecm/pcm is not commutation with the truck. I'm not sure what he did but i am trying to figure it out for him.

No communication is tricky. Here are some things to maybe give you a leg up. Do you have communication codes in other modules? Do those modules specifically call out the ECM. If you can not communicate to any of the other modules that are on the high speed side then you may have a CAN wiring or module issue. If the other modules point to the ECM then you must do a replace and program with SPS. THEN and only then can you start with HP Tuners. If it will not program than someone bricked the ECM. Time for a new one.

Another thing you should note is HPT will not read an EFI programmed ecm. EFI changes the operating system last i knew. If you want to ditch the EFI, take the ecm to a dealer and they can bench program it with the stock tune for reasonable price. Then you can HPT from there. Pretty much what Mechanic said. And if dealer cannot flash, it may be bricked as Mechanic said then, shop a used one. Will EFI read anything or that also says no comm ?
    2006 GTO 403ci lsa heads kooks long tubes corsa ss exhaust OTR intake HPTuned

2010 GMC Sierra LMM Duramax. Exhaust and tuned

Potential Tuner
    when he used the EFI live program on his truck he didn't read anything. He just wanted his truck running again. I was there when he did it and when he tried to load the EFI live to his truck it failed. Now I'm thinking because he bought it from a different company that he didn't get every thing in his emails that he needed. He emailed EFI live and they said that they should have sent him a link to link his programmer to a tune. I'm not sure if he got that email or not but what ever he did messed up his truck so bad that it wont even start. I have been looking for used ECM/PCM online but I cant seam to find any. I'm starting to think I'm going to have to pole his ECM out. I appreciate the help from the both of you. I'm going to have to try and get ahold of a dealer ship and see if they can reprogram it for us.