Thread: 65/66RFE Tuning

Banned

65/66RFE Tuning

The 2010+ 68RFE tuning I do, very well developed tuning, has been used on a couple 65RFE transmissions now with seemingly pretty positive results. I?m open to 65/66RFE tuning for anyone interested in it.

Banned
    If NOV87 sees this, maybe he can report back his impressions on the tuning here.

Potential Tuner
    So, I have 2014 RAM1500 with 65RFE. As know the way that transmission operates is nothing to be impressed by. I have been looking to fix that one way or the other, so started a conversation with Jim P and he agreed to take a look at the tune and see what he could do to help. The reason I went with him is his knowledge and experience with the RFEs. I have tried playing with settings myself but stopped due to lack of experience with tuning. With Jim's tune, I do have firm shifts, no more hunting for gears whether upshifting or downshifting. Always in the right gear. TC locks early.The long drawn 2 - 4 shift is completely eliminated with enabling of 3rd gear. The shift schedule is a lot different know. Overall the truck is a pleasure to drive and the tranny operates great. My opinion, that's how it should come from factory. I highly recommend that, wish I had it done it sooner.

Potential Tuner
    Jim P pm sent

Tuner in Training
    545rfe ngc3/ngc4 tuning?

Tuner in Training
    i am very interested in what can be done with WOT lockup on a 545rfe/65rfe. i cant seem to get mine working

Potential Tuner

wot lock up and

Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    If NOV87 sees this, maybe he can report back his impressions on the tuning here.
    Hello Jim p. Sorry if this is in the wrong place for inquiries. I'm seeking help on 2 things and you and Chrysler, seem to be the only one with the answer. Chrysler don't talk much. lol. How in the world to do you stay locked tc at full throttle? And ecm 10201 in hp, min threshold for tcc, ecm 10202 tcc shaft speed. sit at 6k on the 65 and 66 but on 68, Its sit to 1250 and 1200. I'm fixing to try the 1250 and 1200 from the 68. will it break? Thanks in advance.

Tuner in Training
    I got it working. i just had to add some tables for WOT to the torque converter TPS % column.
    it does seem like there is still something not allowing lockup until the slip is under a certain threshold

Tuner in Training
    I am interested. 65RFE with 2700 stall. Just need a base trans tune so I don't burn converter up.

very interested. ive been doing some self tuning with great improvements, but its just not perfect yet, would appreciate the help or looking at my file.

Potential Tuner
    I'm new to tuning the later gen, I've got my 08 working flawlessly. When tuning this generation, with the mds shut off, is there need anymore for the partial lockup, my 08 never uses partial lu? When turning on the 2-3 shift, do you then need to change the shift schedule for the 4-5 and 5-6? My trans shop just finished a 12 ram 1500 and I am in the process of getting the shift strategy to where it should be. Can you tell me which tables use turbine rpm and which ones use output shaft? Help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    The 2010+ 68RFE tuning I do, very well developed tuning, has been used on a couple 65RFE transmissions now with seemingly pretty positive results. I?m open to 65/66RFE tuning for anyone interested in it.
    Hello Jim, I just had my 65rfe rebuilt. It still has the slow shifting and shifts 2nd to 4th. I'd like it to be more punchier shifts and to actually shift into 3rd. Something like what NOV87 mentions.

How do I get in contact with you? I know nothing about updating tunes either.

2012 ram 1500 5.7 2wd
    145000 miles all stock.

Potential Tuner
    PM Sent yesterday. Mine is 545RFE on Jeep WK.