Thread: Gen 1 control pack + GT350 TB = P2135 MIL??

Tuner in Training

Gen 1 control pack + GT350 TB = P2135 MIL??

I just recently swapped from a CJ intake and monoblade to a 2018 intake with a GT350 TB, and I can't figure out what to change on this TB to get it to run without throwing a P2135 and going into limp mode. There definitely aren't nearly as many parameters in my strategy compared to the 2015 performance pack I'm trying to pull numbers from, so I'm not sure if I'm missing something or if I'm just not quite on the right track. I've seen a few posts about changing TPS slopes to get it functioning, but I don't seem to have the same parameters available.

Has anyone been successful in getting the GT350 TB working on an older ECU? Any suggestions?

Coyote Tune 027 - 2018 Intake.hpt

Tuner in Training
    EDIT: Still not having luck. See post 4 below.

Apparently the answer was downloading the latest beta release of VCM suite. Opening my tune there gives me all of the parameters I was seeing in other tunes, so I'll see what I can get figured out this week.
    Last edited by efipaul; 07-14-2021 at 07:08 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    If you haven't figured it out, Under tps configuration, you need the correct sensor slopes. And under tpc configuration, you need a few of those correct boxes corrected to the gt350 or s550.
    I only use beta

Tuner in Training
    I'm still fighting this P2135 issue. The car keeps hitting what almost feels like a limiter and the AFR goes all over the place. The attached log shows it around the 2:54 range. Throttle will not go over 45%, torque source shows FMEM (I can't figure out what that means), and the AFR goes dead lean. I'm kind of making an assumption that the P2135 is putting me into some kind of limp mode that's causing the other issues, but I can't figure out what's causing the P2135.

I did notice that some other strategies have a "TPS Config" box in the throttle page that I don't. Do I need to ask for that to be added to my strategy for the GT350 TB to be happy? My tune is on the right in this picture, a comparison I downloaded from here is on the left. I compared all the other parameters I could, but I don't see anything obviously different. Any ideas?

Throttle.jpg

Coyote Tune 030 - MAF tuning.hpt
    log0034 MAF tuning.hpl
    Last edited by efipaul; 07-14-2021 at 07:08 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Just as an update for anyone who comes across this in a search someday: The HPT guys weren't able to add the "TPS Config" parameter to my Copperhead strategy, so I still haven't been able to get rid of the P2135 code and make the GT350 throttle body work. I just put a stock TB on and I'll make do with that.

Tuner in Training
    dang it was just trying to find a way to make this work.

Advanced Tuner
    I see a couple of possible issues, your Values are no here close to GT350. i have listed the changes needed below hope this will help
    airflow>ETC>Limits>Min correction 5.000
    airflow>ETC>Limits>Max correction -5.000
    airflow>ETC>Limits>TqRed min correction 5.000
    proportional all limits 0
    integral > Gain> 1.500
    Integral >TqRed 1.500
    throttle angel vs pedal >wot start 80
    throttle angel vs pedal >wot end 87

tps config
    fault count 2
    count for fault 64
    high fault 70
    low fault 70
    shot circuit 68
    Max offset learned 0
    Sensor slope> TPS A-0.9000 TPS B 0.9000
    airlimit sources change Maf saturation from 0 to 1
    tpc config > min current test 3
    tpc config >max clip 2.75
    tpc config> gearlash tolerance 0.06
    tpc config>gear Ratio 18.900
    idle spring rate > set to 0
    return spring rate >set to 0
    tip in management > GT350 is enabled
    Manifold vol 10.80/11.00
    Last edited by mstang_man; 02-15-2022 at 09:54 PM.