Thread: Need some advice on coyote tune

Need some advice on coyote tune

working through this tune, car had added a JLT tune required intake. took some advice on some tq managment options etc and im not too sure whats going on. im a dodge/gm guy so this is muddy waters for me, I've adjusted the Maf airflow Vs Period to accomdate. here is whats happening. the car overall runs good. the issue is at medium loads it bucks really hard on shift and stutters. low throttle its ok, WOT throttle feels fine. its just medium load shifting. it shows a -10+ fuel trim at the occurance, regardless what i do. im thinking it may be tq related with some bad advice. anyways heres a tune and a log of various driving patterns. it shows a enormous Ipc tq error at this occurennces. any insight would be nice, Ive done searching and such, but can def tell im green with this.

thanks as always

Car is a 2020 mustang GT PP1 A10
    JLT intake
    HPIPE
    roush axle back

heathera5.hpt

21-06-27 20-08-23.hpl

Goto your torque tables, mapped points it?s happening in, and check to see if you have any high or low dips in the .5 to .8 load areas in the 3D graph try and make I match the rest around it by clicking and dragging. See if it helps your issue if it does it?s trq tbls

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bkg06gto View Post
    working through this tune, car had added a JLT tune required intake. took some advice on some tq managment options etc and im not too sure whats going on. im a dodge/gm guy so this is muddy waters for me, I've adjusted the Maf airflow Vs Period to accomdate. here is whats happening. the car overall runs good. the issue is at medium loads it bucks really hard on shift and stutters. low throttle its ok, WOT throttle feels fine. its just medium load shifting. it shows a -10+ fuel trim at the occurance, regardless what i do. im thinking it may be tq related with some bad advice. anyways heres a tune and a log of various driving patterns. it shows a enormous Ipc tq error at this occurennces. any insight would be nice, Ive done searching and such, but can def tell im green with this.

thanks as always

Car is a 2020 mustang GT PP1 A10
    JLT intake
    HPIPE
    roush axle back

heathera5.hpt

21-06-27 20-08-23.hpl

Only thing I could think is you touched something you aren?t suppose to. Don?t touch the torque tables at that mod level you?ll get yourself in more muddy water. Sounds like too much torque modulation or the torque management stepping in. The mud throttle shifts usually hit kinda hard normally but idk exactly what you mean by buck

Advanced Tuner
    I think you read on Limits for boosted vehicles. A lot of limiters in engine and transmission could be increased by 15%. A lot of people will say to max out limiters. I'd rather have realistic limiters.

Max torque hys should be set to 4 ft lbs
    Max base tq select to use base array.

It's not your torque/inverse causing the error. I think it's in your torque management tab. Looking at your maf curve and how the curve is turning into a corner, looks like a calculation is being effected by a limiter or by some values you changed in a torque table causing a high calculation.
    MAF vs Period. The 2d model.

In your variable cam tab, best drivability > enable min load, located on the right side. Set that table to 2.0 so you dont run in that table

You need a good channel list to give you a better understanding and to help you troubleshoot..

Add
    Vct intake cam
    Vct exhaust cam
    Mapped point weights
    Air load
    Desired air load
    Search "source" in the channels.
    Search "mode" in the channels.