Thread: Wifi transfer no longer working - iOS 14.6

Potential Tuner

Wifi transfer no longer working - iOS 14.6

I've used wifi transfer to RaceRender a few times before, but it no longer works. I'm posting this in TrackAddict, because I suspect it's related to iOS

Tested on:
    • Windows 10 (Build 19041.1052)
    • macOS Big Sur (11.4)

On both Windows and macOS I fully disabled the firewall to ensure that wasn't the issue.

In TrackAddict, the devices don't show up in the list. This has worked before without issue.

Any advice?

I'm looking into this... We've had a number of reports of this problem recently, all from iOS users, so the 14.6 update may very well be a factor here...

Potential Tuner
    Appreciated, thanks. It was easy enough to use a cable, but wifi is certainly easier.

Turns out Apple did indeed kill this on us... Local network communications have been limited in the name of privacy, but also they're trying to push everyone to use their own frameworks instead of the extremely common and widely compatible approach that we had been using.

I've submitted a request to Apple for them to grant an exception for our app and am waiting to hear back, so please bear with us as we try to jump through their hoops. If they don't work with us, and maybe still even if they do, I have an idea for a workaround that should help limit future headaches on this stuff. Probably wont make the v4.7.0 release, as I don't want to hold that up any longer, but we can follow up with another update if need be...

Potential Tuner
    Diagnosing the issue is half the battle most of the time. I'm happy you know what it is. I trust you folks'll get it fixed when you can.