2018 F150 2.7 Ecoboost : how add more boost / need advice

2018 F150 2.7 Ecoboost : how add more boost

need advice

stock tune, last write, and log.

any good advice is welcome

thanks !!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Looks to me like your Combustion Stability Limit is hitting you. You'd have to evaluate your situation and determine if you feel comfortable raising those values, but that's what's showing up in the logs. The vehicle is trying to make 467 but getting knocked back to 381, for instance, in one of the pulls I saw.

Advanced Tuner
    Max load in the speed density tab might be limiting things...

Quote Originally Posted by FastCar View Post
    Looks to me like your Combustion Stability Limit is hitting you. You'd have to evaluate your situation and determine if you feel comfortable raising those values, but that's what's showing up in the logs. The vehicle is trying to make 467 but getting knocked back to 381, for instance, in one of the pulls I saw.
    What about boost ?
    And what section about combistion limit ?
    Last edited by elerico; 06-28-2021 at 08:02 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Boost will be generated if your torque request makes it through all the equations and limiters. In your case it's not making it because you're getting blocked by that Combustion Stability limit. That's what's shutting you down. If your torque request made it through and got translated into an actual throttle movement without being limited, you'd see your boost increase. I'm seeing 20.6 right now when I look at your logs.

Maybe raise that Max MAP if you want to go higher.

Boost will be generated if your torque request makes it through all the equations and limiters. In your case it's not making it because you're getting blocked by that Combustion Stability limit. That's what's shutting you down. If your torque request made it through and got translated into an actual throttle movement without being limited, you'd see your boost increase. I'm seeing 20.6 right now when I look at your logs.

Maybe raise that Max MAP if you want to go higher.

Do you have the section number ?
    Or screenshot

Tuner in Training
    Sure no problem, check out ECM 44821, I think that might be biting you. I'd review all the values around that area of course but I think that's likely the one that's shutting you down.

Tuner in Training
    Like Seishuku mentioned, too, check your speed density settings. Need to make sure you have enough airflow allowed, I don't see Air Load logged (if I missed it I apologize), but you might want to check that as well. I doubt the air load is what's getting you right now because you're not pushing enough to have that be an issue but once you get past the Combustion Stability that might come into play so check that as well.

Sure no problem, check out ECM 44821, I think that might be biting you. I'd review all the values around that area of course but I think that's likely the one that's shutting you down.
    already max out this section

Tuner in Training
    I understand, but you log shows Combustion Stability so I'm not trying to be difficult, I'm just mentioning it because that's what the PCM is saying is limiting you.

In those cases I start to question myself and just double-check everything. I wish I could offer some more detailed advice, but I really do think it's one of those combustion limits that's stopping you. Keep in mind MAP pressures are atmosphere plus boost.

I understand, but you log shows Combustion Stability so I'm not trying to be difficult, I'm just mentioning it because that's what the PCM is saying is limiting you.

In those cases I start to question myself and just double-check everything. I wish I could offer some more detailed advice, but I really do think it's one of those combustion limits that's stopping you. Keep in mind MAP pressures are atmosphere plus boost.
    Ok thanks !!

Tuner in Training
    Good luck, let us know what you find, I'd be interested to hear what you do to get it working!

being held back by fuel window and dc