Thread: Not getting consistent shifts from 1-2 on 6R80

Tuner

Not getting consistent shifts from 1-2 on 6R80

I'm having issues with getting my 2015 6R80 to shift at the commanded 7600 from 1-2. I have read a good bit on this topic in this forum and have tried the remedies suggested. I fought with it prior to going from stock converter to this 5C and on the stock converter I was able to get it shift at the desired RPM by turning off RPM Anticipated Shifts but now with this 5C I'm dealing with it again but it appears to manifest itself differently. On the first pass I made at the track it shifted as desired and I was in Normal drive mode (by mistake) instead of Sport + On the second pass I changed mode to Sport + and the 1-2 shift was early and very sloppy as seen in the log. I changed back to Normal mode and it still didn't shift correctly. I made a series of passes and changes to the tune but never got it shift correctly. Could part of the problem be that I need to make changes to the N/V setting? I'm running 26" DRs (275/40-17 M/T ET Street R) and with the tires being shorter maybe it changes the shifts to some extent? I tried making changes to OSS numbers in the shift schedule to raise the shift point for 1-2 but it didn't seem to help at all. The tune I'm running is a race tune just for the track with TQ Mgmt off, I don't run it like that on the street. I don't really run it hard on the street but even with my "Street Tune" and regular 28" tires it still short shifts 1-2. Any help is greatly appreciated! First log will show it shifting correctly and subsequent logs show how sloppy and early it is on 1-2 shift.5C Crossville log1.hpl5C Crossville log 2.hpl5C Crossville log 3.hpl5C Crossville log 4.hpl5c Crossville log 5 pass 6.hplE85 Race 5C higher shifts.hptE85 Race 5C higher shifts V8.hpt

I know this is a little late but you might want to look at your clutch fill times. That can affect when the car shifts as well.