Thread: e38 quick deceleration stall

e38 quick deceleration stall

First, i'll start by saying, i would like to post my tune but out of respect for my tuner , i feel it wouldn't be right/fair.

I got my supercharged G8 dyno tuned by a very reputable tuner. 500hp etc all good....

Somehow however it now stalls when coming to a fast stop. coast to a stop and all is great, acceleration, shifts all is great! but if I go around 30 and brake hard it will drop bellow its 800 rpm setpoint to 400 rpm, sometimes recover to 1000+ rpm (hell of a push on brakes) and quickly settle to 800. other times stalls- starts right away easy....
    I tried boosting base idle air, but same!. he's closed for holidays so im in a jam as car is unpleasent/ very embarrassing to drive .
    I looked at a log and idle spark seems steady at 18-21 advance during this whole problem. desired idle is steady at 800 but actual drops like a lead weight. seems like a idle follower problem but not fluent on how to adjust that (hence why i paid for tuning) there are a lot of tables under the proportional and follower section.
    its a e38 . btr stage 2 pds cam. so not too aggressive a cam.
    I did notice that my dfco is not turned on and my fuel trim seems to rise just as this happens- is this a problem ? could this be a cause? any suggestions are welcome . my ltft an stft are great- switching steady and like i mentioned , car seems to run otherwise great
    Last edited by goodwrenchdave; 06-29-2021 at 03:03 AM.

Senior Tuner
    There's probably not much we can do to help without at least seeing a datalog of the issue. You can try increasing base airflow even more. (we can't really tell you how much without the data.) You can try to enable DFCO and see if that helps. There are also tables that allow you to adjust the throttle follower on 4th gen applications. But I've typically found that they don't need to be adjusted with a small cam like yours.

Check out the CT Downshift Torque Management.