Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tuning school

Subscribe to Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo2gnx View Post
    How do I get notifications for someone commenting?
    Where I have unsubscribe high lighted it will say "subscribe"
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

How do I get notifications for someone commenting?
    Then when you are at the opening page Go to quick links, subscribed threads....
    There are also options to have e-mail notifications when you subscribe to a thread.Attachment 111814
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Ok I figured it out. The tune had the wrong gear ratios in it. I change 1st gear to 3:59:1 instead of 3:95:1 and the same for 2nd and 3rd. No more improper gear ratios but still dealing with no firm shifts?
    Glad you got it!

Advanced Tuner
    thank you, i appreciate that.
    By the prickle of my thumb something wicked this way comes!2008 Chrysler 300c! 2013 heads/220/230 comp cam/LTheaders/FTI 2600 stall converter.

Advanced Tuner
    yes, it would be nice. i hear theres no books in the near future.
    By the prickle of my thumb something wicked this way comes!2008 Chrysler 300c! 2013 heads/220/230 comp cam/LTheaders/FTI 2600 stall converter.

Potential Tuner
    it would be nice if hp tuners would partner with more tuning schools other than the tuning school! ive been reading a lot about the tuning school and its not good! does anyone knows where i can get books to help understand tuning with hp tuners? im currently tuning a chrysler 300c/dodge transmission, help?
    Hm... I tried the home study Tuning Schools course; it`s legit. But you can google, experiment, and learn all by yourself. Agree with Jim.

Potential Tuner
    will this information help anyone?

Banned
    Not really, it?s just 200 pages of their preferred settings that?s pretty much a repeat from transmission to transmission

why not?

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamMosher View Post
    I understand. I started turning wrenches on Heavy Equipment in 1986.. Started playing with custom tuning a few years ago. I learn a little something more every time I scan or flash.
    Is this a new build on the trans? Is there some kind of relearn procedure after rebuild?

I know with the 6L80E in the GM world there Besides, I am a technical college student, and I use this source https://freebooksummary.com/category/shoeless-joe to improve my knowledge. Here you can find inspiration to write something, and besides, it is a summary in audio formats to books like Shoeless Joe. For me, it matters a lot that it is free. That's why I prefer this source! We had to set it back to stock, relearn the install his programmer.

Do you have another scanner to try and clear the codes?
    I've had a few that I had to go clear the codes in each individual module (ECM, TCM, TIPM, ECT...) I know you shouldn't have to, but I did.
    I use MaxiCOM MK808BT. I find it optimal because it is not expensive, and besides, it works well, I have already coded several machines, and it worked well.
    Last edited by Marshallgallaher; 08-17-2022 at 05:29 AM.

Potential Tuner
    I am also using MaxiCOM MK808BT and I really love it!