Thread: Is there a built in Airflow restrictor somewhere?

Question Is there a built in Airflow restrictor somewhere?

Since getting HPtuners and modifying my tune, I have not been able to exceed 3800 RPM without my engine shutting down abruptly. The throttle seems to close and I can hear a suction or pressure build in my snorkel. Aluminum 5.3 bored, stock cam in a Land Rover Disco 2. If I can get up to speed I would yell hooray. The scan shows a max of 22.04 lb/min of mass airflow.

Are you sure the exhaust isn't a massive restriction?

I didn't see any rev limiter in the tune that would stop it from going over that rpm.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I had cut the cats off just in case they were burnt up, but it didn't change it.

Senior Tuner
    I've see the intake tube couple collapse and cause this issue. Just had one do it on the dyno last week.

Check you air filter housing for a plastic bag or other item. Yeah it has happened on several vehicles I have diagnosed. If you don't find anything try to remove the entire CAI and disconnect the MAF and test drive to see if you have the power back.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanic View Post
    Check you air filter housing for a plastic bag or other item. Yeah it has happened on several vehicles I have diagnosed. If you don't find anything try to remove the entire CAI and disconnect the MAF and test drive to see if you have the power back.
    I guess its possible, I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I guess its possible, I'll check it out.
    Yeah you guys were right, removed the snorkel and air filter and it would run right up to 6000. thank you