Thread: power enrichment maf and speed density

power enrichment maf and speed density

I have searched high and low for a certain answer looking all night but im using histograms
    afr error to tune my maf and ve tables will power enrichment effect the calculations made when logging? thanks for info
    in advanced im new to tuning this is the only thing that confusses me

Tuner in Training
    If you are logging a wideband for afr error, no, pe won’t effect your calculations as it’s the error percentage between what the ecu is commanding and what the wideband is reading as actual. Goatrope garage on YouTube has some really good videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlfromkerikeri View Post
    If you are logging a wideband for afr error, no, pe won’t effect your calculations as it’s the error percentage between what the ecu is commanding and what the wideband is reading as actual. Goatrope garage on YouTube has some really good videos.
    man thanks thats what ive wanted to know ive watched just about all of goat ropes videos he just never gotten into how pe works with your histograms and effects on calculations just a tiny detail i wanted to clear up so even after tuning your ve table and maf curve you can change your PE and it have no affect on your base tables

One thing that will carry over into Power Enrichment, is Long term fuel trims. If you have your afr error tuned within 1-2% it will probably ok, but if you enter power enrichment with +5% ltft (on either bank, or both) That 5% Will be added to the wot fueling. Mine is tuned to +/-2% so ltft is disabled.
    2001 Silverado 5.3 - 209/217 cam, GT45 Turbo on 7lbs, Aem x-series wideband, 50lb/hr flex fuel injectors, on E85 with content sensor

1999 Silverado 6.0/4L80E Summit Stage one camshaft, 317 heads (replaced cast iron)

[QUOTE=Matt Vardaman;655549]One thing that will carry over into Power Enrichment, is Long term fuel trims. If you have your afr error tuned within 1-2% it will probably ok, but if you enter power enrichment with +5% ltft (on either bank, or both) That 5% Will be added to the wot fueling. Mine is tuned to +/-2% so ltft is disabled.[/Q

what I mean is if I tune my maf and ve tables and command 12.5 afr wot and then change the power enrichment tables afterwards will that throw of my maf and ve tables or do have to tune the tables every time I command a different value

You can command 12.5 afr, but you must use the afr error to make it actually run at 12.5 afr. Commanded is only a reference number so you CAN tune it. At wot, you need PE to kick in so you will not be running lean. If you tune your setup for 12,5 afr, maf and ve, with power enrichment, and then change the PE numbers, your afr error chart will show an error. Then you would have to go back and retune the maf and ve tables for the new commanded wot afr. Or have two different tunes to choose from.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Changing your PE values will not affect your MAF and VE calibrations. Once those are calibrated correctly the ECM can accurately command whatever PE value you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakegoat View Post
    You can command 12.5 afr, but you must use the afr error to make it actually run at 12.5 afr. Commanded is only a reference number so you CAN tune it. At wot, you need PE to kick in so you will not be running lean. If you tune your setup for 12,5 afr, maf and ve, with power enrichment, and then change the PE numbers, your afr error chart will show an error. Then you would have to go back and retune the maf and ve tables for the new commanded wot afr. Or have two different tunes to choose from.
    thanks this is the info im wanting to know I still dont understand why some people are claiming you can change the PE numbers after you dial in you maf and ve tables

Quote Originally Posted by BigTuner View Post
    Changing your PE values will not affect your MAF and VE calibrations. Once those are calibrated correctly the ECM can accurately command whatever PE value you wish.
    ok so what is the right answer everyone is giving something different info?

You can change PE values and it will have no effect, but it will show up in the afr error chart. The engine will still run at the previous afr because that is where you have it set. What are you trying to accomplish?
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    There's some confusing info in here. PE is a factor of fuel. You're just multiplying your base fuel enrichment by the PE value. If PE is 1.2 you're adding 20% fuel, if PE is 1.3 you're adding 30% fuel. The whole purpose of the VE or calibration is to get fueling 1:1 so that commanded = actual. PE multiplies on top of that so if you increase PE by 10% and you're actual AFR = commanded AFR then you're going to have 10% more fuel in PE than before. Yes you can change PE and your commanded and actual *should* both increase by the same amount. That's not to say that it won't still need some small correction, but if you need XX more fuel now you just bump PE up more and it will bump up fuel more.