Thread: 4L60E Base Shift Pressure and Torque Management

Potential Tuner

4L60E Base Shift Pressure and Torque Management

I have a 2000 Silverado with a 6.0L LQ9 and a Stage 2 Built 4L60E with Sonnax upgrades (performance pack, drums, servos) and 65E internals. I softened my 1-2 shift somewhat but it still feels hard and not firm. It is on a 6.5" lift and 35 inch tires. I have 3 main questions if someone could chime in and help me.

1. Will zeroing out the 1-2 base shift pressure affect the pressure of the whole transmission? Such as the clutch engagement and valves? Like, is it okay to do?

2. When my AC is on the shift is much harder. Is there an AC torque setting I can change to reduce this and make it softer? The Sonnax Superhold 2nd gear servo makes it plenty quick and my shift times are all at 0.300 seconds for 1-2 and 2-3, they are at 0 for 3-4 (stock).

3. My truck struggles to hold cruise speeds on the highway (always downshifting) ESPECIALLY with the AC on. Are there any suggestions for helping that? I understand I am on 35s but I have 4.10 gears all around and figured it would not be struggling as much as it should. The rear end has 75W-90 AMSOIL in it, which I was told is the most fuel-efficient gear oil out there.

I have all the torque management still active. My previous tune had it all deleted and I broke a tooth off my pinion gear because of that That 10 bolt can only so much. I installed Motive Gear Performance ring and pinon gears which had thicker teeth and they have been nice and quiet since installed

Potential Tuner