Thread: 07 Colbalt ss S/C HELP PLEASE

Potential Tuner

07 Colbalt ss S/C HELP PLEASE

Hello my name is shaune

6 months ago. I decided to buy a 07 supercharged colbalt and, i decided to get the stage 2 kits from zzp list of upgrades i got

high voltage coil pack
    3.0 pulley
    step 1 colder plugs
    rebuilt supercharger
    60#injectors

Well i got my first tune from zzp and noticed right away lobing/surging not high revving or anything no stalling but felt like it wanted to stall.
    I waited to see if it would go away with the progressive tuning zzp was sending me and it hasn't gotten any better just got my last tune from them and, in the email said we will work on your idle now.
    I am ready to give up I just don't believe this surging is tune related or maybe it is only started after installing new injectors 60#and pully 3.0
    it does serge very slightly almost unnoticeable at first and then at about 40 to 50 in temp it starts to really show its true colors
    my air to fuel at idle go from 14.5 to 15.5 sometimes 16 when the surging comes in it goes 13.5 17.5 and repeat that over and over and over again sometimes the surging
    will show in my rpms not often but sometimes and sometimes my idle will hang past 1k and then come back to normal. I took it for a drive on the high way and while at idle going 100 or 120 my afr will read
    back and forth 14.5 and 15 sometimes 16 but when and only when i lay into my throttle is goes to 11.5 12.5 randomly on the numbers

So being me i took my spark plugs out and checked them the tops are white and the lower half black so i replaced all of this
    new maf/map/and temp sensor
    New pvc solenoid/boost solenoid
    all seals new/ new coolant temp sensor
    air filter/cleaned throttle body I inspected /Replaced as many vac lines as I could tried relearn on throttle body noting

still surging but never stalling out it feels smooth when i drive it but with what the spark plugs are telling me damnit i love the car just ready to give up.
    I don't know what else to do.

i have attached my recording of my idle at the beginning and my idle at the end of the drive this is zzp final tune they said
    i have also attached the tune they sent me i am running
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by virtual1670; 07-03-2021 at 02:30 AM.

I gave up on ZZPs tuning abilities. When ever I sent them a data log it wasn't good enough for them and how they ever tune without a wide band don't make any sense. Mines much better after getting a WBO2 on it. Their VE and MAF numbers were 20% off in some places.

Advanced Tuner
    couple things that are working against you. canned tuned from zzp for one. get a custom tune. i offer remote tuning services if you have hptuners if you're interested. pm me. 2nd is the zzp coils. i would go back to stock. i know people who have had them fail countless times and for me. i went back to stock because i saw no gain in performance.