Thread: Data log review for first time tuning noob?

Potential Tuner

Data log review for first time tuning noob?

I have an 04 f150 w/ the 5.4 3v triton that just had a new/reman'd engine installed and also a cat delete and cold air intake. the only things i have changed on the tune file from stock is the COT/o2 settings to turn off the rear o2's and codes, nothing more than that. If someone could just look over some of my log data and tell me if things look ok that would be much appreciated.

Attachment 111349

Potential Tuner
    Check out my how to video on YouTube, it's lengthy and detailed so I broke it into 3 videos

My channel is "Nick of Arizona"

Tuner in Training
    try to get your long term fuel trims and short term fuel trims as close to zero as you can. If those two are making 10+ on corrections you need to dial in your maf curve since you could be running too lean or rich

Potential Tuner
    Hey Tortuga281ci, I'm new to HP tuners set up and actually trying to figure out how to adjust the LTFT on 05 F-150 with the 5.4L Triton in it and have not had any luck. tried to look up videos/forums/Info in general on adjusting them on fords and what I come up with isn't ford related or I don't have the same functions as stated in the guides im looking at. iv heard fords are a bit more difficult to tune until you get use to them, but with being new to the entire software and the adjustments im having no luck. Any advice would be great and probably going to make a new tab just to get some help from anyone that is willing. My tuning experience is in large diesel engines (generators ,class 8 trucks, Heavy Equipment, Etc..) and those are cake but I'm was also very well trained on the software and could make easy sense of it. Thanks!