Currently working with Pete @ HP Tuners via email.

I have an MPVI that I have taken care to not use the 4.0+ software with that force flashes and bricks the device, making you need to send it in and upgrade to an MPV2/3/4/ whatever. I have a ton of tuning files saved from my work, but unfortunately, I had to switch my OS drive to a new one and forgot to record the actual version of the VCM Editor I was using. I have pretty much every version and have installed a few around 3.6, but I keep getting stuck after inputting my Application ID, having it add successfully, and then trying to read a P01 PCM which I've paid to have unlimited support for.

Notes:

I remember a second step that was required after inputting the application ID, something like "Resync Interface" but I do not see that in the application anywhere through any of the 4 versions I have installed.
When I click HELP > LICENSE INFORMATION I see NOTHING AT ALL. Not a single license. When speaking to customer support, Pete verified that my application key matches the one they have in their system.
When I try to read or get info for a PCM that I have previously tuned, it tells me "Invalid Application Key"

I am at a loss, and of course, HPT staff wants me to willingly use the newest software that will force flash and brick my MPVI that was working without issue with my old hard drive. Their support has consisted of, "Update to the newest software", "that version isn't compatible with Windows 10", and "You have some Windows issues that are causing the trouble".... So, for grins I tried it on a completely different PC, and installed different versions in 3 different virtual machines running Windows 7, 8, and 10 - ALL have the same issue.

Does anyone have any ideas? Customer support sure has not been any help and I have a customer who is becoming impatient for the simple change of 4L60E to 4L80E in his tuning.