Thread: LSA G8 with nitrous

Tuner in Training

LSA G8 with nitrous

i got a G8 with a lsa blower. 2.38 pulley and stock lower. runs on pump e85 has 1200cc fic injectors and twin fore 450 pumps. heads are milled and ported and blower is ported. it has a sno performance meth kit and i was spraying a dry 100 shot fogger nozzle and using the meth as the added fuel. i pulled 4 degrees of timing from it and it didnt feel any faster. log was from a test hit in mexico. anyone have experience with a setup like this??? idk if i should add 2 degrees back and lean it out a smidge. here is a log and tune file
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by G8GTNOOBIE; 07-05-2021 at 09:01 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I don't see any knock, fuel pressure doesn't drop and your wide band is right inline with your commanded. IAT 2 looks awesome!

I wouldn't lean it out yet, add 2 degrees, make sure it doesn't knock and see if it picks up any speed.

Do you have a 60-140 timer you can use to see if you are getting any gains?

Tuner
    Your commanded EQ is too lean to begin with don?t lean it out anymore. You?re commanding .84 lambda on a boosted engine with nitrous at 14 lbs of boost. Set your commanded EQ to target .78 lambda. I would tune it on pump gas and find a safe timing limit and then tune your spark tables on e85. You need to populate your flex fuel spark table as well. Start with a factory flex fuel spark table from a caprice. You need less timing in low load regions to reach Mbt with E85. Maf table could use some work, it?s wavy, it should be a smooth and linear increase in airflow. Looks like it is taking 1 second to reach your commanded EQ too.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 01SLPSSM6 View Post
    Your commanded EQ is too lean to begin with don?t lean it out anymore. You?re commanding .84 lambda on a boosted engine with nitrous at 14 lbs of boost. Set your commanded EQ to target .78 lambda. I would tune it on pump gas and find a safe timing limit and then tune your spark tables on e85. You need to populate your flex fuel spark table as well. Start with a factory flex fuel spark table from a caprice. You need less timing in low load regions to reach Mbt with E85. Maf table could use some work, it?s wavy, it should be a smooth and linear increase in airflow. Looks like it is taking 1 second to reach your commanded EQ too.
    I didn't look at the calibration last night but he is right, your spark tables need to be set up differently. Would be best to stick this on a dyno and see how rich it likes, but def. do not lean it out. .78 lambda is a good target like 01LSPSSM6 said.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by cadillactech View Post
    I don't see any knock, fuel pressure doesn't drop and your wide band is right inline with your commanded. IAT 2 looks awesome!

I wouldn't lean it out yet, add 2 degrees, make sure it doesn't knock and see if it picks up any speed.

Do you have a 60-140 timer you can use to see if you are getting any gains?
    no i dont have a timer i could use i was using my butt dyno and looking at calculated torque and horsepower to see gains.

Senior Tuner
    I like the idea of a little more fuel as well, but you can certainly add a couple more degrees of timing on 78% E. Here's what I do, if the customer doesn't want to pay for dyno time, or if the dyno isn't available...just datalog a run with HP Tuners. It's very easy to datalog mph and do a 60-100 or whatever pull. Then make a change, and repeat. The time is always on the bottom of the datalog.

Tuner in Training
    i will richen it up a little and mess with the spark timing. im having a hard time with it going into pe right away like you said it takes it a second to dip down into pe. i have the ramp in set to 2.0 idk how else to make it ramp in faster. a dyno would be awesome and ideal but none around me let you rent their dyno's that i know of.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    I like the idea of a little more fuel as well, but you can certainly add a couple more degrees of timing on 78% E. Here's what I do, if the customer doesn't want to pay for dyno time, or if the dyno isn't available...just datalog a run with HP Tuners. It's very easy to datalog mph and do a 60-100 or whatever pull. Then make a change, and repeat. The time is always on the bottom of the datalog.
    thanks for your input. this is my personal car im messing with. it was remote tuned by a very very reputable tuner in the g8 world im just trying to do it on my own now with the nitrous and meth. it was tuned blower only before by him.
    Last edited by G8GTNOOBIE; 07-06-2021 at 10:48 AM.

Tuner in Training
    made a few adjustments added 2 degrees back and richened it up a bit. log shows a tick of knock at 6400 rpm but the car was hauling ass! i have a progressive controller on it and its set to ramp all in after 1 second. i went back in the tune and pulled 1 degree back out from 5600 to redline. I will load the updated tune and see what happens again. Plugs are BR7EF gapped at .032
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by G8GTNOOBIE; 07-06-2021 at 02:01 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Looks good!

Tuner
    Look at your long term trims when you go wide open throttle, its still adding 4% fuel.
    2000 WS6 Trans Am LS3, Tick Performance Stage 2 cam, ARH 1 7/8" Headers, FLT Level 6 4L60e, Circle D 5c Launching on a 200K 10 Bolt

2001 Camaro SS M6 Black on Black

I have a question: Why is your Stoich AFR table starting at 23.2 ? If you doubled stoich of todays fuel, that should be around 28.4. Throws off the whole table doesn't it.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    That?s a question I can?t answer. This was a tune I received from my tuner via email. I?ve only messed with the maf hz, pe, and spark timing. I agree it isn?t setup like a normal double stoich afr.

Tuner in Training
    Look at your long term trims when you go wide open throttle, its still adding 4% fuel.
    I wasn?t realizing that,I was only looking at the lambda vs commanded and adjusting the maf hz in the wot area

Tuner
    Turn off long term trims or force it off in the scanner and perform the long term fuel trim reset. As lakegoat said, you should double stoich and halve the ivt terms too. Add to the maf table in the WOT regions before you start.
    2000 WS6 Trans Am LS3, Tick Performance Stage 2 cam, ARH 1 7/8" Headers, FLT Level 6 4L60e, Circle D 5c Launching on a 200K 10 Bolt

2001 Camaro SS M6 Black on Black