Thread: How to save for use with RTD

Tuner in Training

How to save for use with RTD

I've updated the software to the latest version but I still don't see how to save the file type to be used with a RTD device (I'm using a MPV2 but trying to send the file for use with RTD). Can anybody point me in the right direction?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Only tunershops that sell RTD devices are allowed to export to RTD file types.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Only tunershops that sell RTD devices are allowed to export to RTD file types.
    Bill, just curious that I can save my files with the ability to allow others to tune it, only allow others to read it, or save as a flashable only RTD file. we've never used this feature but we're considering it for a customer that moved and now wants a remote tune. We were looking into just sending him our RTD device, (with a deposit) along with the files. then we would have him hook up the device and we could remote tune. Our main issue with this is that we can't send him the custom logging configuration pages that we normally generate for each vehicle to gather the information that we need to further tune. Maybe we just haave to purchase another MPVI and send that to them for logging purposes.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by info@gallatinautorepairs. View Post
    Bill, just curious that I can save my files with the ability to allow others to tune it, only allow others to read it, or save as a flashable only RTD file. we've never used this feature but we're considering it for a customer that moved and now wants a remote tune. We were looking into just sending him our RTD device, (with a deposit) along with the files. then we would have him hook up the device and we could remote tune. Our main issue with this is that we can't send him the custom logging configuration pages that we normally generate for each vehicle to gather the information that we need to further tune. Maybe we just haave to purchase another MPVI and send that to them for logging purposes.
    MPVI2 and RTD both us VCM Scanner, there is no difference in how they scan or what parameters can be logged.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for that. I've been on vacation and didn't se your reply. That's great news because that allows me to send him the device with our customized log page, have him test drive and we get the information that we're looking for. (I'll have him on the phone during the test drive so that I can instruct him) Then he can send us the log files, we make changes to our copy of the HPT file and send it as an RTD file, he flashes it and we're off on another test drive! COOL!

Potential Tuner
    I have struggled with this matter.
    This has been subtle to grasp but from the way you have put it, we will not get stuck anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by BelindaCruz View Post
    I have struggled with this matter.
    This has been subtle to grasp but from the way you have put it, we will not get stuck anywhere.
    Communication of technical knowledge can go where our creative works you comes naturally.

Potential Tuner
    I have my HPT files but the shop that tuned my truck cannot figure out how to convert the file from HPT to RTD so i can use the my RTD Plus device. Does anyone have the instructions so i can give them to the shop that originally tuned my truck??

Potential Tuner
    What if your tune shop does not know how to convert the file? I have the tune hpt files but they do not know how to convert the file to rtd so i have to go to them every time i have to have the file removed and back to stock. This is a pain because they are 100 miles from my house. Do you have the instructions that i can give to them to convert the file? I will not be using this shop in the future......

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by joguill00 View Post
    What if your tune shop does not know how to convert the file? I have the tune hpt files but they do not know how to convert the file to rtd so i have to go to them every time i have to have the file removed and back to stock. This is a pain because they are 100 miles from my house. Do you have the instructions that i can give to them to convert the file? I will not be using this shop in the future......
    I'm sorry you're having troubles and we'd love to help you. Have you already opened up a support ticket? If so, do you have your ticket number so that we can review the status? If not, please open a support ticket here: https://support.hptuners.com
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 12-21-2021 at 09:39 AM.