Thread: Can you not control target WOT lambda on M156s?

Senior Tuner

Can you not control target WOT lambda on M156s?

I see target Lamba at Full Load Component Protect at .92 and I see a Lambda target table for some kind of temp Delta but Id assume this is only for part throttle and gets overridden at full load. Dont see where normal operation target WOT lambda is a thing?

Could possibly set it up to run at WOT in Component Protect mode (without cats on car) so it goes to a certain lambda? Or set it to run open loop at WOT and let it target lambda .83 say but ends up actual .80 lambda but looks like all the setting for this are in Engine Temp not RPM or load
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere

Tuner in Training
    it should be under power enrichment. .92 seems low tbh for extreme parts of component protection. on m157 it is like .83 iirc, I tuned m278 to .855 under component protection.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by clifftoo View Post
    it should be under power enrichment. .92 seems low tbh for extreme parts of component protection. on m157 it is like .83 iirc, I tuned m278 to .855 under component protection.
    There is no table that includes the words Power or Enrichment. Yes .92 lambda is pretty damn lean for an oem to run motor at WOT.

Can anyone explain how the fueling is done fully on these? Delta Temp Weight Mod is a percent change based on calc engine load, Base Lambda vs Delta temp, theres at least 6 modifiers to that, how does it all layer up?

9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Quote Originally Posted by GrannySShifting View Post
    There is no table that includes the words Power or Enrichment. Yes .92 lambda is pretty damn lean for an oem to run motor at WOT.

Can anyone explain how the fueling is done fully on these? Delta Temp Weight Mod is a percent change based on calc engine load, Base Lambda vs Delta temp, theres at least 6 modifiers to that, how does it all layer up?
    You can modify it from Delta Temp (-397 C) all the way to the left side (-543.8 C) ie. 0.84

I think Delta Temp is calculation difference between the inlet temp and the EGT.

Also under component protection -> Lambda full Load
    Xstages Motorsport

Tuning inquiries:

ECU, TCU, CPC Online Tuning
    Whatsapp: +971503383340
    Email: [email protected]
    Insta: @xstages.motorsport
    www.xstages.com

Senior Tuner
    Can anyone confirm this? The people that are tuning them... how are you "tuning" them if they dont really know? Im sure EGT isnt actually measured but some calculated value?

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw_50 View Post
    You can modify it from Delta Temp (-397 C) all the way to the left side (-543.8 C) ie. 0.84

I think Delta Temp is calculation difference between the inlet temp and the EGT.

Also under component protection -> Lambda full Load

9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Tuner in Training
    Wot fueling can all be manipulated under component protection

Keep an eye on your calc tq, and base your changes off it when cranking it up
    __
    In house Mustang AWD and 2WD load dynos
    2 w212 Mercedes e550s
    BMW 545i drift car
    Twin 76mm LS mini tubbed Foxbody

There are many ways to contol the Labmda on the M156. One is through EGT enrichment and the other is commanding directly what WOT Lambda you would like.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Instagram

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mep_q8 View Post
    There are many ways to contol the Labmda on the M156. One is through EGT enrichment and the other is commanding directly what WOT Lambda you would like.
    How would you go about each?

9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Quote Originally Posted by Mark@HPTuners View Post
    Fuel adjustment tips:

Most of the fueling at higher loads is done through the Component Protection assembly found under the Engine -> Fuel -> COT, Lean Cruise tab.

The Lambda Full Load (11309) scalar and Base Lambda (11302) table are of particular interest because these allow for fuel adjustments at higher loads including full throttle. Base Lambda's lookup value - Delta Temperature - can be monitored in the scanner and it is computed through adding delta temperature values from a few modifier tables which include one based on ignition efficiency (measured through distance of current ignition angle from optimum ignition angle), engine temperature, etc. Any adjustments made to this table should also fall under the range controlled by the Lambda Rich Limit (12476) and Lambda Lean Limit (12477) tables available under the Fuel -> General tab. Please note that the last two tables do not exist in some early operating systems.

The three model EGT thresholds located in the same tab to enable Component Protection control can be lowered if control is desired sooner (on a forced induction application, for example).

Adjustments for different injectors can be accomplished via the Inj Pulse Mult (12327) table located in the Fuel -> General tab.
    That explains it all
    Xstages Motorsport

Tuning inquiries:

ECU, TCU, CPC Online Tuning
    Whatsapp: +971503383340
    Insta: @xstages.motorsport
    www.xstages.com