Thread: HPT not reading AEM 30-0334 WB

Tuner

HPT not reading AEM 30-0334 WB

Car is 15 Z06. AEM gauge is showing activity but HPT will not capture data.

I added wb eq #1 under aem in channel, I put car i accessory mode, connected and repolled. Everytime it repolls, the WB Eq #1 show a broken link next to channel.

What am I missing?

Tuner
    It's worked for years. But now it's broke with the latest beta. Shows as an unknown device in the channel list.

Tuner
    Resolved issue. Thanks dr. Mike!!

Tuner
    Here is what I learned: For those using AEM 30-0334 with HPT, when adding channels and searching using "WB", HPT provides channels for 03-03xx WBs, not channels for 03-0334 OBd2 WB's. YOu have to follow channel hierarchy as shown below..

One thing that confuses a lot of people is the channel naming convention.

In the add channels window, there is a section:

Code:
    External Inputs
    |_AEM
    |_X-series UEGO (30-03xx)
    |_ WB EQ Ratio 1
    WB EQ Ratio 2
    etc. Which LOOKS like it should be the exact right stuff. BUT, IT IS NOT! That is for the AEM 30-0300/0310, when connected via the ProLink.

The correct channels to add are in this section:
    Code:
    Engine
    |_Fuel
    |_Open & Closed Loop
    |_Oxygen Sensors
    |_ 12 WB EQ Ratio 1 (SAE)
    12 WB EQ Ratio 2 (SAE)
    12 WB EQ Ratio 3 (SAE)
    12 WB EQ Ratio 4 (SAE)
    etc. which one will depend on which PID value you selected in the 30-0334 setup UI ( On the gauge )

That is, usually, where the problems start

-dr.mike

The channel (WB EQ Ratio 1 (SAE)) has been the one to use for a long time. For some reason though that channel has disappeared from my channels list and can't even be searched for and the channel listed under AEM X-Series doesn't work. Has anyone else ran into the WB EQ Ratio 1 (SAE) channel showing a broken connection and not being able to search for it? Doesn't seem to matter how many times I repoll for supported parameters it just isn't there.
    Last edited by Scottgt21; 07-18-2021 at 09:38 PM.
    2010 C6 Grand Sport ECS 1500SL kit, BTR centri cam, kooks 2" headers, ported heads, Bosch 80lb injectors, Racetronix 450 lph fuel pump module and ECS stage 1 fuel system.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottgt21 View Post
    The channel (WB EQ Ratio 1 (SAE)) has been the one to use for a long time. For some reason though that channel has disappeared from my channels list and can't even be searched for and the channel listed under AEM X-Series doesn't work. Has anyone else ran into the WB EQ Ratio 1 (SAE) channel showing a broken connection and not being able to search for it? Doesn't seem to matter how many times I repoll for supported parameters it just isn't there.
    I?m currently having this exact issue, except I just got my gauge. I followed the instructions in all the videos, tried all the ecu channels on the gauge, and nothing is workin on my 04 Silverado. I just got it to replace my innovate scg-1 boost controller/wideband because that one wouldn?t log properly either.

Advanced Tuner
    and nothing is workin on my 04 Silverado
    That is the problem. The 2004 Silverado is a J1850 based ECU. Not a CANBus based ECU. Most vehicles, made before 2007, are J1850. The 30-0334 is a CANBus based device. All vehicles 2008 and later are CANBus.

For the 04 ( or anything before 07 ), you need to use the Pro features w/ the ProLink, and the 30-0300 version of the AEM gauge.
    Or, wire up the AC/EGR inputs, or serial data.

Or... wait for my new adapter device, that allows direct OBD2 WB connection for 1996-2006 vehicles. i.e. 30-0334 type functionality for the older vehicles. Coming (relatively ) soon.

Potential Tuner
    At least i am not the only one with this problem. I sent back the 30-0300 for the 30-0334 and just finished installing the gauge and sensor last week. Gauge is working fine and have played with the settings. I searched all over for the answer to this problem.
    E92a, ecm, gm sidi 2017+, OS 12677878, I cannot find the correct channels after making sure all software is up to date and polling for supported parameters.

wideband channel missing.pdf

i havent tried all the channels. AEm instructions says try ECU 6 & 7, 6 is default. changing bite rate to 250kps set like 12 dtcs
    has anyone figured out a solution?
    Last edited by FFSBadger; 10-05-2021 at 08:27 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Ok, with the right sequence of trial and error i got them to show up. I think turning the key off after selecting ecu #6 , pid#6 on the AEM 30-0334, then turning the key on reconnecting the scanner and repolling the channels worked.
    Last edited by FFSBadger; 10-05-2021 at 09:55 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.mike View Post

Or... wait for my new adapter device, that allows direct OBD2 WB connection for 1996-2006 vehicles. i.e. 30-0334 type functionality for the older vehicles. Coming (relatively ) soon.
    When is that????
    2005 Silverado 2wd Crue Cab, Daily Driver
    2005 370" LQ4, BTR Truck Torque Cam, 202/202, .511/.511 111
    LS6 Springs, LS7 Lifters, Trunnion upgrade
    Speed Engineering HAI, Stock exhaust with 3" I/O Flowmaster
    New 4L65E

2005 Cadillac CTSV TT, Too much to list.....lol

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by FFSBadger View Post
    Ok, with the right sequence of trial and error i got them to show up. I think turning the key off after selecting ecu #6 , pid#6 on the AEM 30-0334, then turning the key on reconnecting the scanner and repolling the channels worked.
    What is your exact sequence?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 54inches View Post
    What is your exact sequence?
    just change the numbers until u get it to work, then if u link to the scanner before the WB has been on and warmed up it sometimes dosnt pick it up, so if when u connect the WB pid disappears from your channels list then just disconnect and then connect again to vehicle and should be good