Thread: Torque tables tuning Twin turbo 5.0 gen 1

Torque tables tuning Twin turbo 5.0 gen 1

OK, so i have read and done a lot of RnD on torque table tuning.
    have gotten some good results, car drives like stock even on original scaled tune. issue i have is tune was switching between fuel economy and OP map point at wot. MAf is also surging up and down in little increments during pull. Made some adjustments based on info from ThatWhite5.0. I have read murfies explanation on tuning the torque tables, made my torque errors worse, probably due to not fully understanding.

So, the way I scaled my torque tables the easy way which I know isn't "correct" was, I rescaled the top 3 Y axis values in the indicated torque tables to 1.2-1.5-2.0 . then went and opened the torque inverse calculator and multiplied these new axis points rows by 1.01 until the 3D map was smooth all the way up to my new calculated load axis. I counted how many times I had to click each row to get it smoothed and then went to each row in Map points 0-3 and 7 and multiplied the rows by how many clicks it took.

Ex. Row 1.2 took 43 clicks to get smooth with .7s slope in OP table. I then go to MAP point 0 and multiply 1.2 row by 1.43 and it got it pretty close. did the same for the remaining rows in each tables.

This is what I have so far, by no way is this a perfect tune nor am i saying this is the correct way to calculate the torque tables, but it has worked ok for me.

now i need to learn how to correct small torque errors?
    maybe Thatwhite5.0 can chime in on if i corrected my errors , or anyone that understands the torque tables.

Tune before scaling torque tables
    TT tune maf adj. cc.hpt

Current tune scaled for higher Boost
    TT tune rescaled mp 0-7 and op fixed dd_ reverted to Stock Angles.hpt
    Last edited by Slowleen; 07-07-2021 at 06:36 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I explained a simple way to give you an idea of what to do to have a base to start out with. Increasing all your tables by 43% is not going to provide you with a perfect running car.
    There is not a "one adjustment fixes all." You have to tune, datalog, adjust. You have to find what your car needs by reading your datalogs. You know when the boost comes in, at what load it comes in, so you know where your scale needs to increase.

.2.0 load is for high boost. Most are good scaled to around 1.6 or 1.75 load. This is what I come up with for 2.0 load in OP using the stock torque table as a base.

What PSI are you supposed to be at? What load are you hitting on your logs? Do you have a datalog?

slowleenscale.PNG

I had some time to look better at your file. Your Variable Cam Tab needs some important changes in them. Mapped points shouldn't be commanded in the distance tables if they're disabled. That will always give you issues if you don't fix it from the start.

Use stock cam values for Mapped Point Cam Angles, 38151 and 38150. IVO should be 0* in mapped points 0 - 4. EVC should be at 0* for MP 0. Using the stock cam angles will help you out a lot with using part of the stock torque/inverse table because they're calculated for the torque and load at those angles. You would be better off disabling MP 7 and running MP 9 in its place. This will give you a better starting point. But change your Fuel Economy Distance tables to run using these distances.
    slowleen-MPsetup.PNG

Your Op Angles, change the last two cells of IVO to -15* .
    OP EVC subtract 8* from 1500 all the way up the RPM.

After the the VCT Tab is set up correct, you'll have some better results.
    Last edited by Thatwhite5.0; 07-08-2021 at 04:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatwhite5.0 View Post
    I explained a simple way to give you an idea of what to do to have a base to start out with. Increasing all your tables by 43% is not going to provide you with a perfect running car.
    There is not a "one adjustment fixes all." You have to tune, datalog, adjust. You have to find what your car needs by reading your datalogs. You know when the boost comes in, at what load it comes in, so you know where your scale needs to increase.

.2.0 load is for high boost. Most are good scaled to around 1.6 or 1.75 load. This is what I come up with for 2.0 load in OP using the stock torque table as a base.

What PSI are you supposed to be at? What load are you hitting on your logs? Do you have a datalog?

slowleenscale.PNG

I had some time to look better at your file. Your Variable Cam Tab needs some important changes in them. Mapped points shouldn't be commanded in the distance tables if they're disabled. That will always give you issues if you don't fix it from the start.

Use stock cam values for Mapped Point Cam Angles, 38151 and 38150. IVO should be 0* in mapped points 0 - 4. EVC should be at 0* for MP 0. Using the stock cam angles will help you out a lot with using part of the stock torque/inverse table because they're calculated for the torque and load at those angles. You would be better off disabling MP 7 and running MP 9 in its place. This will give you a better starting point. But change your Fuel Economy Distance tables to run using these distances.
    slowleen-MPsetup.PNG

Your Op Angles, change the last two cells of IVO to -15* .
    OP EVC subtract 8* from 1500 all the way up the RPM.

After the the VCT Tab is set up correct, you'll have some better results.
    Yea it helped to give me a really good base file, I just want to see how to fix small errors and pinpoint where. I?m using the axis points up to 70% load like you had suggested from the other post where the conversation got mixed up.

Currently running 16.5 psi max not sure how much power twin 67s max boost will be around 22 psi,

The cam values I have in the tune are currently the stock ones from this file In the rescaled tune. I?ll switch the OP cam angles as suggested. Later today I?ll post a data log to go off of

- Here is a datalog of what the car is currently doing. i know i need to dial in the maf since it is way rich i just went out to get some data real quick since its about to storm the next two days.

wot.hpl

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    you need to lean out your maf curve so your load can be under 2, your around 15% too rich
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    you need to lean out your maf curve so your load can be under 2, your around 15% too rich
    Will do I already corrected fueling in those cells now have to wait for dry roads to get another data log.. as for the MAF surging up top what could that be?

Update

So i adjusted all tables according to what you have suggested above, VCT tables. car is still fluttering the MAF/lb min in the logs im thinking this is due to boost controller fluttering up and down during pull trying to maintain it?

as for wheel torque error I have no signs of any during pull car feels smooth using the base method Thatwhite5.0 showed me mentioned above. I only changed the y axis to what you suggested in the torque table and adjusted the DD table for what i have re calculated. Adjusted fueling and now car is closer to what requested, which is still rich for safety while tuning the tables doing WOT pulls, and have timing set low.

Is there anything yall see that could cause the issue? i'm also getting a misfire at low rpm but nothing during
    WOT?
    Here is tune and log to go with it.

wot max.hpl

maf adjusted double tt tune.hpt