Thread: VAN 411 pcm unlocked no VATS

Tuner in Training

VAN 411 pcm unlocked no VATS

where do i change 4x crank signal to 24x? to put it in my LQ4 swap? Will this PCM work,, cause ive already used the credits. Just need to know what changes to make to make it work. System platform change from GMT610 to GMT800 necessary? What will changing that do? If I post my tune file can someone look it over and PLEASE tell me what to change to make it work?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Does work like that. You can't change the crank trigger in the computer.

Your computer can run a LQ4 engine as it sits. You just need a 6.0 base file to start with. You can try to segment swap in a stock 6.0 file with the same OS to give you a starting point. I wouldn't change the platform type.

If that doesn't work then it will need a complete 6.0 flashed to the computer and then you can start tuning.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Forgive me but when you say a complete "6.0 flashed" where does one find a 6.0 based configuration with that same OS? I assumed the "OS" was kind of vehicle specific. Or are you telling me that "OS" is more engine (and year presumably) and might be found in more than one vehicle just with the same engine (ie: lq4)? I guess I assumed they were more veh type specific than drivetrain.

Quote Originally Posted by El Es Roy View Post
    Forgive me but when you say a complete "6.0 flashed" where does one find a 6.0 based configuration with that same OS? I assumed the "OS" was kind of vehicle specific. Or are you telling me that "OS" is more engine (and year presumably) and might be found in more than one vehicle just with the same engine (ie: lq4)? I guess I assumed they were more veh type specific than drivetrain.
    OS or Operating System is kind of the Microsoft windows of the PCM. Some may be windows 98, some windows 7 32bit, Windows 10 64bit, etc. The OS can cover several make, model and years. If you can figure out what vehicles have your OS than you can search online for vehicles for sale. Most will tell you the VIN. You can then use that VIN to get the ECM/PCM flashed by a dealer or someone with SPS or Techline Direct.

Copied from another users post.
    https://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web

Then select: Get Cal ID

Then PCM/VCM > Next

Then select: Programming >Next

Then select Complete History > Next

This is the reason you can see different calibrations on the same vehicle types in the same MY. GM sometimes comes out with updated for the vehicle to address problems. Updates are not done on a recall but if you happen to take your vehicle in for service at a dealer they will usually update anything available for that vehicle. Some vehicles get updated and some don't. Also say one Z28 has 2.73 gears and another has 3.23 gears. Then their transmission segments and speedometer segments would have different numbers. Hope this helps.

Tuner in Training
    I segment swapped EVERYTHING from another stock file. It worked. Thanks for steering me in that direction.
    Help me OBD2wan Kanobee, Your my only hope!