Thread: custom wideband via serial USB connection help

Tuner in Training

custom wideband via serial USB connection help

Anybody know if there is a way to create a serial input and set it up to work with a wideband that isn't already pre defined in the VCM scanner? I have a WB APSX D2 that works fine as an analog input on my old MPVI pro, but my MPVI2 doesn't have the pro setup. I can log with one and write with the other, but that is really annoying. When connecting with the serial input, I've tried every available serial wideband input and it reacts as though it's not setup properly (disappears when logging). I've even tried messing around with the transform stuff and see no options to make it work via serial. I have tested the serial input with the WB software and have verified that the COM port and my RS232 device function properly and pick up the serial data as intended...I just can't seem to get HP Tuners to use it. Is there a way to build a serial input manually in the vcm scanner or is it just a case of "the software supports what it supports"?

Check on this forum for this guy.
    https://forum.hptuners.com/member.php?829-dr-mike

Tuner in Training
    I'll shoot him a DM. Thanks for the reply. It would seem like if HP Tuners has a setup to use other widebands via serial data that there would be a way to change the parameters to read whatever you are trying to input. More compatibility means more software and interfaces sold. WB does claim that the serial output of the gauge works fine with mega squirt and EFI live.

Tuner in Training
    Turns out the short answer is "No"