Thread: "How to Tune and Modify" by Jeff Hartman. Any good?

"How to Tune and Modify" by Jeff Hartman. Any good?

My work associate (seeing me dive into this and laughing at me) brought in a book "How to Tune and Modify" by Jeff Hartman. Scanning through it quickly, looks like it's fairly general but explains (in layman's terms) what you're looking at and why.
    Has anyone ever gone through this book?

(I tried a search to see if this has been brought up before but the lame search doesn't do boolean searches)

(ref)
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3572932&rd=1,1
    Last edited by Todd157k; 12-06-2006 at 04:43 PM.

Not A Tuner
    I would be interested if there is a book that teaches the basic principles too........

DH

2004 MSG A4

Appearance: Billet Plate&Sill/SS Insert/Screens/Blackout/Lowered/CCW SP500

Perfomance: 416 CI/228-232@114/AFR 225/FAST/LS2 TB/36#Injectors/Honker/RPM(IV)/Vig2400/Z06 Ti/Kooks/3.42 Gear/Hotchkis/Bilstein/Z06 Springs/Eradispeed/Hawk HP+/Trans Cooler/B&M Trans Pan/RonDavies with EOC/Nitto R2's/AMWcan/Rocker Rails/Frame Savers

Mods & Tune: A&A Corvette

??? RWHP / ??? RWTQ
    1/4 mile: mid 11's ??
    WSIR 1:37.68

Senior Tuner
    very good book, covers all the important info in nice general terms. good for understanding, not so good if you're looking for how-to's.
    there's been few good threads on books on tech and here, just search around

Quote Originally Posted by redhardsupra
    very good book, covers all the important info in nice general terms. good for understanding, not so good if you're looking for how-to's.
    there's been few good threads on books on tech and here, just search around
    after reading some of your posts.. I'm already sold. I am just looking for more understanding and less 'how to'. It's the engineer side of me.. There has to be a "why" and a "what" before a "how".

Quote Originally Posted by Todd157k
    My work associate (seeing me dive into this and laughing at me) brought in a book "How to Tune and Modify" by Jeff Hartman. Scanning through it quickly, looks like it's fairly general but explains (in layman's terms) what you're looking at and why.
    Has anyone ever gone through this book?

(I tried a search to see if this has been brought up before but the lame search doesn't do boolean searches)

(ref)
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3572932&rd=1,1

I read that whole book during my washroom breaks.
    Very well written and it starts from the basics. Engine Sensors, various types of Engine management systems and tuning etc.
    I accidentally clicked twice when I purchased it from Amazon.Now I have 2 copies. If anybody is interested ,I will sell you the second(new) copy for $10 plus shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by c6dude
    Very well written and it starts from the basics. Engine Sensors, various types of Engine management systems and tuning etc.
    I accidentally clicked twice when I purchased it from Amazon.Now I have 2 copies. If anybody is interested ,I will sell you the second(new) copy for $10 plus shipping.
    Story of my life.. a day late and a dollar short.. well actually I'm now $19 shorter. I just bought the one off ebay!

Not A Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by c6dude
    If it isn't alot to ship to 91320 I will take it.

PM me .........

DH

2004 MSG A4

Appearance: Billet Plate&Sill/SS Insert/Screens/Blackout/Lowered/CCW SP500

Perfomance: 416 CI/228-232@114/AFR 225/FAST/LS2 TB/36#Injectors/Honker/RPM(IV)/Vig2400/Z06 Ti/Kooks/3.42 Gear/Hotchkis/Bilstein/Z06 Springs/Eradispeed/Hawk HP+/Trans Cooler/B&M Trans Pan/RonDavies with EOC/Nitto R2's/AMWcan/Rocker Rails/Frame Savers

Mods & Tune: A&A Corvette

??? RWHP / ??? RWTQ
    1/4 mile: mid 11's ??
    WSIR 1:37.68

Advanced Tuner
    i'll take it, pm me if no one has spoken before me, i'll PAYPAL ya for it. 419 203 4443 if you need to call me

Not A Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by popeye55
    i'll take it, pm me if no one has spoken before me, i'll PAYPAL ya for it. 419 203 4443 if you need to call me
    You can have it if you want it that badley but I did post before you and haven't heard from the guy

DH

Advanced Tuner
    first come first serve, so i guess you got dibbs on it! however i haven't heard from anyone either.