Thread: DTC enabling

Tuner in Training

DTC enabling

Would there be any harm in enabling ALL DTCs? I know that some systems dont apply to my setup but cant I just ignore those that dont apply? Im afraid that something I THINK isnt related to my problem or my configuration might be. I dont want to disable something I need but at the same time dont want to enable something that might get in the way or complicate the way something works like pulling timing or something.

Also does the DTC section enable or disable items or whole systems, or just the monitoring of said systems?

Any thoughts? Thanks

Senior Tuner
    My thoughts on enabling all DTCs? Don't do it. All problems can be diagnosed with troubleshooting. Disabling DTCs is just telling the PCM to ignore faults when it runs the diagnostic for that system.

Tuner in Training
    That's why I wouldn't DISable all DTC was wanting to know the consequences of ENabling all DTCs.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by El Es Roy View Post
    That's why I wouldn't DISable all DTC was wanting to know the consequences of ENabling all DTCs.
    It's a bad idea. No good can come from it.

Tuner in Training
    Well thats why the only dumb question is the one unasked. Thank you for your input, ill not bother.