Thread: FEATURE REQUEST: GM Instrument Cluster Outputs -> Fuel Density

Potential Tuner

FEATURE REQUEST: GM Instrument Cluster Outputs -> Fuel Density

Hi guys,

I'm tuning my 2017 Chevy Colorado, and noticed that there appears to be a table populated with numbers that are off by a factor of 1,000,000 to 1. The numbers appear to be correct (pretty close to reality, which varies). Screenshots below.

It's under Engine -> Fuel -> General -> Instrument Cluster Outputs -> Fuel Density.

Can someone review that and confirm that what I'm seeing is correct? The density of gasoline varies with temperature, and blends, but usually averages about 0.755 kg per liter. The table shows the 0% Alcohol (i.e. 100% gasoline) cell to have a value of 722,500.0 If I'm correct, that would make a value of 0.7225 kg per liter, which is very close to the value I researched.

Side note: The labels at the top can by changed by clicking on them. Technically, they're almost all written incorrectly except for the "kg/l" label. One example is that, "g cm-3" is incorrect. That should be "g/cm3." A negative exponent indicates a root, in this case, a cube root. The same corrections could be applied to the labels, "kg m-3" and "lb ft-3."

Thanks for listening! I'm just trying to make things better, and I think (I hope) these could be verified and corrected rather easily. Thank you!

-TheDude

Screen Shot 2021-07-10 at 6.25.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-10 at 6.29.28 PM.png
    Last edited by TheDude1024; 07-14-2021 at 12:51 PM. Reason: added screenshots