Thread: Strange Intermittent Commanded AFR Error/Issue

Tuner in Training

Strange Intermittent Commanded AFR Error/Issue

Hi all,

Running a 3Bar COS P59 ecu (DBW Throttle) on my turbo 4.8, and I'm getting an intermittent issue in which sometimes during a pull my computer will command an AFR that is either very low (like 8.4:1, and the engine essentially 2-steps) or approaches 0:1 and the engine will cut out for a second. Have any of you come across this issue before? I will attach the a couple logs with timestamps and the tune file.

To elaborate on my experience with the problem, the 8.4:1 AFR Cmd issue usually happens when rolling into the throttle and it stops the engine from accelerating any faster, almost like I'm hitting a 2-step rev limiter.

The issue where it commands 0.5:1 AFR is new, just experienced it today, and it happened mid-pull at WOT and essentially shut the engine off for about 2 seconds at 4500-ish RPM.

If anyone has any experience with this or any input on the matter I would greatly appreciate the help! Thanks in advance

Cobra 12-18-21 7875C Good Log Finally Except Electrical Gremlin.hpl Timestamps: 8:50, 9:07 & 9:13 (Commands 8.4:1 trying to roll into the throttle)

Cobra 12-19-21 7875C Log 3 Turned Up Cuts Out.hpl Timestamps: 15:21 & 21:08 (Commands 0.46:1 during pulls)

Cobra 12-11-21 Idle VE1 7875C-68.hpt (This is the current tune on the car for both of those logs, but it's been having some form of this issue for longer than I can remember, separated by tens of tune revisions)

This is a swap vehicle, right?

Looks like you have some stuff overlooked in the DTC list to clean up. Like, O2s are all disabled except for P1134/1154; P2119 is 'No Error Reported'? Why?; and there are a bunch of U codes for modules I suspect are no longer there but have been left at 'No MIL Light'. Also forgot to turn off BrakeTqMgt in System Options.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    This is a swap vehicle, right?

Looks like you have some stuff overlooked in the DTC list to clean up. Like, O2s are all disabled except for P1134/1154; P2119 is 'No Error Reported'? Why?; and there are a bunch of U codes for modules I suspect are no longer there but have been left at 'No MIL Light'. Also forgot to turn off BrakeTqMgt in System Options.
    Thanks for the heads up, this is a swap vehicle, I'll fix those things right away. I don't know a ton about what all I need to disable in the system options, just the basics for running in speed density with no narrow bands, I suppose I ought to look for a thread about those on the forums and do a once-over on my settings.