Thread: LSA LS1 will not run over 50% throttle.

Potential Tuner

LSA LS1 will not run over 50% throttle.

Recently ive installed a LSA supercharger on my 2004 LS1 GTO, Car ran flawless SD, before the charger. Now i cant get it to take off under load, runs good under light throttle. MAF frequency seems consistent, TPS Ramps up and reacts Perfect. Thought it was spark blowout. I put BR7FE gapped a .022, not convinced its Spark blowout, but almost acts as if its on a limiter/anti lag. Does it in any gear, any rpm, fuel pressure doesnt drop, pops and sputters and carries on when i get into the throttle. Having it tuned by a very reputable tuner, and hes conviced its an issue with my car. LS3 card style MAF, 3-bar Map, DW300c fuel pump, FIC 1000 injectors. Ill post a log, anytime car is under load with 50%throttle or close to it, sounds rough. Giving up on logs and trying new tunes. Doesnt seem to react to more fuel, less fuel. Does run a P0101, P0102, P0103 code. Any help... Im Ignorant when it comes to HP tuners, but Im trying to learn.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Bgriffin154; 07-11-2021 at 11:35 AM.

My opinion is that you should just ditch the MAF and run a 2 or 3 bar OS for speed density.

You are trying to run it in MAF only mode with 3 MAF related codes, that is likely your whole problem right there. If the MAF has issues, it won't want to run.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner
    Looks lean at the top of both pulls by the narrow bands. Wideband shoudl be on the car.

Should have a 2 or 3 bar OS on it with same map sensor.

Make sure you don't have a silicone intake elbow sucking shut or anything like that.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Advanced Tuner
    This is a hardware incompatibility issue. Your particular combination will not be fixable in calibration. Transient fuel, fuel atomization, charge motion, actual in-cylinder lambda...all is impacted by this. Because your injectors are pointed the wrong direction. You may be able to mask the issue to some extent, but it will never go away as the hardware is now.

Potential Tuner
    This is exactly what my Magnuson is doing. Did you figure this out?

Quote Originally Posted by Bgriffin154 View Post
    Recently ive installed a LSA supercharger on my 2004 LS1 GTO, Car ran flawless SD, before the charger. Now i cant get it to take off under load, runs good under light throttle. MAF frequency seems consistent, TPS Ramps up and reacts Perfect. Thought it was spark blowout. I put BR7FE gapped a .022, not convinced its Spark blowout, but almost acts as if its on a limiter/anti lag. Does it in any gear, any rpm, fuel pressure doesnt drop, pops and sputters and carries on when i get into the throttle. Having it tuned by a very reputable tuner, and hes conviced its an issue with my car. LS3 card style MAF, 3-bar Map, DW300c fuel pump, FIC 1000 injectors. Ill post a log, anytime car is under load with 50%throttle or close to it, sounds rough. Giving up on logs and trying new tunes. Doesnt seem to react to more fuel, less fuel. Does run a P0101, P0102, P0103 code. Any help... Im Ignorant when it comes to HP tuners, but Im trying to learn.

I've got an LSA on my 2004 GTO with an LS3 style MAF in a 4" housing. I'm using the 2 BAR custom OS and the 3 BAR MAP sensor that comes with the LSA from the factory. I don't have any issues like you are describing, I'm actually running the car in pure MAF at the moment as I want to get the curve as close to ideal as possible, then I'm swapping over to SD and doing the same for the VE table. In the end I want to run a blend as the factory did.

Potential Tuner
    Problem was with my tune. Car was running SD tune and ignoring MAF. Told my tuner that I installed a 4" LS3 card style maf and the problem was in the Airflow vs. Frequency table. Since i was disconnecting my battery i didnt get a check engine light because there wasnt two ignition cycles... Problem Solved.

Potential Tuner
    problem was in the Airflow vs. Frequency. car runs great now. had stock MAF Table. Got the Lingenfelter table for the LS3 card style maf, loaded it in the tune and fixed the issue.