Thread: Vcm suite to work on a mac computer ?

Tuner

Vcm suite to work on a mac computer ?

Do any of you gents know a way to get the VCM Suite to open and work on a Mac computer ? I just bought the MPVI2 with Pro features and found out it won't work on Mac computers because it's not "supported". Very disappointing to say the least.

Banned
    I use VCM suite exclusively with my macbook pro only you have to download windows 10 though which you can do free of charge. either bootcamp or a virtual machine https://www.vmware.com/go/getfusionplayer to get w10 go to microsoft.com/software-download

Tuner
    Thanks, Mr. D. That's extremely helpful. I'm still waiting to hear back from Support to see what they suggest but I'll try what you sent.

Tuner in Training
    I run VCM Scanner in a Parallels Win11 virtual machine on my M2 MacBook Air. It connects to the MPVI3 and logs perfectly.

Has anyone dared to write a tune through a virtual machine? That seems a little more risky...

I use it all the time. I do however have the full version of Workstation. I use it when I want to read or write with a 5.X version. I use 4.X versions normally and do not upgrade so I don't lose functionality.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanic View Post
    I use it all the time. I do however have the full version of Workstation. I use it when I want to read or write with a 5.X version. I use 4.X versions normally and do not upgrade so I don't lose functionality.
    What is Workstation?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBDan View Post
    I run VCM Scanner in a Parallels Win11 virtual machine on my M2 MacBook Air. It connects to the MPVI3 and logs perfectly.

Has anyone dared to write a tune through a virtual machine? That seems a little more risky...
    I have Parallels Win11 virtual machine on my M2 MacBook Air.... however I have MPVI2 and can't get it to work. I've installed the drivers and the computer acknowledges that the interface is connected (I can see that in Device Manger) but it will not resync with interface. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBDan View Post
    What is Workstation?
    It is a full paid for version of VMware. Gives you a lot more options and control over your virtual machines. I run BSD, Ubuntu, Linux, and several windows platforms from windows 98 through windows 11