Thread: TVS2300 on 2006 GTO E40 Base Tune

Tuner in Training

TVS2300 on 2006 GTO E40 Base Tune Help?

would anyone mind looking over my base tune? self-tuned the NA setup and this is will be my first boosted tune - stock block/head/cam.

AEM-30-0334 wideband, Aeromotive Stealth 340lph, return fuel system with boost referenced aeromotive a1000 fpr

Magnuson TVS2300 - stock pulley
    Stock Sized fluiddampr lower
    DPE corvette 2bar sensor (244.68 linear, 10.21 offset)
    LS9 injectors (52.5lb/hr @ 0kpa vacuum) - boost referenced regulator
    Speed Density only
    LTFTs disabled
    reduced spark tables (high and low) to i hope a reasonable value to begin with
    PE enable to 80kpa -- 11.5afr target
    throttle enable dropped down
    VE maximum table changed
    bias charge - zeroed
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Sacrifice; 07-16-2021 at 02:40 PM.

If I get a moment I will! But based off what you wrote, off to a good start

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    If I get a moment I will! But based off what you wrote, off to a good start
    thanks id appreciate it.

Tuner in Training
    well i just realized i would have fucked boost fueling. didnt realize it got changed to an arbitrary scale vs the main ve table.

so i take my main ve 105kpa column and multiply 100 for the 105kpa in the boost ve? then extrapolate up to another value where i suspect ill be?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sacrifice; 07-15-2021 at 08:51 AM.

The way your ve table is set up in the tune that you posted is ok. Looks like you just moved decimals around in this latest version. You can get the numbers closer in the boost 105 column though. In the Primary table, click on the 105 column and copy, click on the boost 105 column and paste---then interpolate about 3 rows. It is not off much. Numbers will not be exact from table to table. Looks like you should have enough fuel to get you started tuning. Under Engine Diagnostics---Airflow---P0068, make the enable 8000 rpm. I see you have a DPE Map, that is good. Depending on boost, the injectors will be close on capacity.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakegoat View Post
    The way your ve table is set up in the tune that you posted is ok. Looks like you just moved decimals around in this latest version. You can get the numbers closer in the boost 105 column though. In the Primary table, click on the 105 column and copy, click on the boost 105 column and paste---then interpolate about 3 rows. It is not off much. Numbers will not be exact from table to table. Looks like you should have enough fuel to get you started tuning. Under Engine Diagnostics---Airflow---P0068, make the enable 8000 rpm. I see you have a DPE Map, that is good. Depending on boost, the injectors will be close on capacity.
    i think HPtuners adjusted it at some point as i have seen some of your older screenshots that looked differently on the main VE. EDIT: i had to multiply by 100 for the boost ve since it isnt the same scaling as the main (0-41% vs 0-4096)

originally did direct copy of the 105 but went back to the 99kpa since i know ive hit those cells. ill copy the 105 column back in and re-interpolate.

using the scale on the boost table does it look odd that im reaching the max if interpolated out so early? obviously ill see how it works out when i get to those pressures but something doesnt seem right unless i will have to scale the airflow down.

thanks for the tip on P0068, had not run across that in my reading.

this file is after a little driving, found STFTs to be off ~10% from my previous N/A file. maybe cause of the fuel pressure drop when it was connected to vacuum (i had set it to 58psi not connected). doesnt matter except the time i need to put back into it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Sacrifice; 07-19-2021 at 01:09 PM.

Under Fuel--Power Enrichment--Delay, make that 0. Make Enrichment ramp in 2.00
    Your VE table looks ok to start. You will never get to 4096 in your boost table.
    I have about 50 different changes in my VE table over the years for different mods, so there is no telling what version that you are looking at.

Tuner in Training
    Under Fuel--Power Enrichment--Delay, make that 0. Make Enrichment ramp in 2.00
    Your VE table looks ok to start. You will never get to 4096 in your boost table.
    I have about 50 different changes in my VE table over the years for different mods, so there is no telling what version that you are looking at.
    i was referring to this post one screenshot has the main ve in the 0-4096 range vs mine is now 0-41%

that doesnt matter though, just interesting^

ill make the delay 0 but everything i came across reading said the delay is only applicable to trucks (chris @hptuners posted it somewhere). even N/A if i was below the rpm and hit the enable parameters it would still go PE.

ill give the enrichment rate a bump to 2, thanks.

any opinions on spark? im pretty sure i removed enough to be on the safe side of things

Timing looks ok. You should have plenty of fuel in the VE table for boost. Kinda ease into it and watch your wideband closely. You are probably going to get some rich spluttering at first.
    For some reason, I don't see the 41% in your tune
    Last edited by Lakegoat; 07-20-2021 at 01:20 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Timing looks ok. You should have plenty of fuel in the VE table for boost. Kinda ease into it and watch your wideband closely. You are probably going to get some rich spluttering at first.
    For some reason, I don't see the 41% in your tune
    thanks for the tips. definitely easing into things right now.

see my scales are different between VE tables (x100 for the boost). although mine also doesnt show the option for the MAF patch that i thought was available. non-issues in the real scheme of things though
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sacrifice; 07-20-2021 at 02:30 PM.

Right click in the table > Units:
    > Number = 0 - 41
    > Percent = 0 - 4096
    > Parts Per Million = 0 - 40959375

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Right click in the table > Units:
    > Number = 0 - 41
    > Percent = 0 - 4096
    > Parts Per Million = 0 - 40959375
    Now i feel dumb, haha. Didnt even think that table would have units so never looked at that

Tuner in Training
    Set a tune appointment. Itll get done faster and better on a dyno than ill get done on the street anytime soon.

Tuner in Training
    Dynoed at 549whp and 536tq on 6psi.

Very happy with how the car is running. Tuner was great and actually discussed the tune with me after answering questions that i was having (while doing my own tuning).

Worth the price and time saving for me just to enjoy the car now. But pulleys will be coming..

HEY, I just installed a tvs2300 and need a tune to drive it 5 miles to my tuner
    I have a TS MS3 cam headers and no cats. do you think your tune would get me there or should I call a wrecker, I wanted to check for leaks etc though
    06 M6 Phanton Blk w/Red Int SAP's HID Magic Stick 3 Comp Springs Ported TB
    and Intake Vararam OBX JHP Cat Delete Flows Rip Shifter HP Tuned Drag bagged w/19's

Tuner in Training
    I dont have a cam so my tune wouldnt help you any. You really need a base tune for the cam