Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The New HP Tuners MPVI2+ is now Available!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanic View Post
    Is the + backwards compatible on Suite software?
    No, it will only work with 4.10 or newer
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    If you upgrade your MPVI2 to an MPVI2+ yes all of your credits/licenses will transfer over.
    If purchase new MPVI2+ without upgrade purchase. Can this old MPVI2 credit/license transfer over to MPV2+ with providing the serial number?
    2017 WT Ranger 3.2L P5AT

Tuner in Training
    I have upgraded from MPVI2 Pro to MPVI2+ Pro and when I go to the VCM Suite it still shows only the MPVI2 with the S/N for the new MPVI2+. I am running Suite 4.10.5. All of my credits were transferred. I have tried multiple times to resync, no change. When I try to set up data logging it only shows MPVI2 under devices. Tried selecting MPVI2 and it says trying to connect. I uninstalled the VCM suite and drivers, then reinstalled it all again, no change. I can read my vehicles and data log with laptop connected. Have not tried writing to a vehicle yet. When using Track Addict and I select Tuning under Input: Vehicle Sensors it says device not compatible or something, it flashes too fast to read, and then resets device and the only way I can get it to reconnect is to unplug from vehicle and then plug back in. My account shows MPVI2+ as imported and that I have Pro Feature Set purchased. Any suggestions on what to try next?

Tuner
    Anyone else having issues with their MPVI 2+ timing out? Mine will not do a complete write cycle without timing out. It did make it through the erase portion of the cycle and now my truck won’t start. My MPVI 2 never acted like this.

I’ve put in a support ticket. I’ve tried 2 laptops, unhooked the batteryAny ideas on a path forward?
    2019 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4x4

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by dannarc View Post
    If purchase new MPVI2+ without upgrade purchase. Can this old MPVI2 credit/license transfer over to MPV2+ with providing the serial number?
    Unfortunately not.

I upgraded from a MPVI Pro to the new 2+, and couldn't be more pleased with turn around. I'm not calibrator or anything, and just like to have it for my cars, and the day HPTuners received my old Pro, the new 2+ was already set-up and shipped. I paid for the 2-day shipping back-and-forth and it literally took a week. I haven't used it quite yet, but couldn't be more happy with the turn around and how fast it was.

Thank you HPTuners.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny c View Post
    Anyone else having issues with their MPVI 2+ timing out? Mine will not do a complete write cycle without timing out. It did make it through the erase portion of the cycle and now my truck won’t start. My MPVI 2 never acted like this.

I’ve put in a support ticket. I’ve tried 2 laptops, unhooked the battery Any ideas on a path forward?
    Brian with HPT support was super helpful in getting a firmware update out to my new device and got things up and running. Can't say enough about the quality of support, the speed of their replies and how fast the exchange process from the MPVI 2 to the 2+ was. I'm loving this new device and being able to data log without my laptop.
    2019 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4x4

Advanced Tuner
    We need to re-purchase the pro feature set, pro-link cable, and vehicle credits if we do not upgrade from the MPVI2?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by eXo3901 View Post
    We need to re-purchase the pro feature set, pro-link cable, and vehicle credits if we do not upgrade from the MPVI2?
    If you are upgrading from an MPVI1 pro you can upgrade to the MPVI2+ with pro feature set for $189+shipping.

Advanced Tuner
    If you are upgrading from an MPVI1 pro you can upgrade to the MPVI2+ with pro feature set for $189+shipping.
    If we have a MPVI2 with pro features and also want a MPVI2+. We need to re-purchase pro feature set, pro link cable, and vehicle credits for use with the MPVI2+?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by eXo3901 View Post
    If we have a MPVI2 with pro features and also want a MPVI2+. We need to re-purchase pro feature set, pro link cable, and vehicle credits for use with the MPVI2+?
    If you UPGRADE your MPVI2 with pro features to an MPVI2+ your pro feature set carries over.

If you are purchasing an MPVI2+ SEPARATELY and want the pro features you would need to purchase the pro feature set and credits SEPARATELY as well.

Advanced Tuner
    If you UPGRADE your MPVI2 with pro features to an MPVI2+ your pro feature set carries over.

If you are purchasing an MPVI2+ SEPARATELY and want the pro features you would need to purchase the pro feature set and credits SEPARATELY as well.
    Alright, just wanted to confirm that we need to re-purchase pro features and re-license our vehicles if we chose not to upgrade from a MPVI1 or MPVI2. Thanks for your help!

Advanced Tuner
    Unfortunately not.
    Wish there was...why? Because I just looked at the USPS status of my shipment that left Itasca and is says "delivery attempted - no access to delivery location". WTF...I have never seen that as a status update. I hope it does get delivered tomorrow.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    Wish there was...why?
    You need to UPGRADE your device to have your licenses swapped over to the new device which needs to be physically done at our facility.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    Wish there was...why? Because I just looked at the USPS status of my shipment that left Itasca and is says "delivery attempted - no access to delivery location". WTF...I have never seen that as a status update. I hope it does get delivered tomorrow.
    Whew...it was delivered. I guess since they tried delivering Saturday USPS could not drop off at the front desk.

Advanced Tuner
    You need to UPGRADE your device to have your licenses swapped over to the new device which needs to be physically done at our facility.
    Yes I did purchase the upgrade thru my account. But I wished there was a way to drop off the device at the main office without a mail courier seeing it is very close to my house. With the delivery error I received from USPS (fortunately it was delivered to HP tuners today) I was regretting the fact that I shipped it out as required. Could you imagine if the MPVI2 pro interface was lost by the courier...$100 shipping insurance would not cover the cost of a new interface let alone get you and upgrade. Ever since covid I have had more packages lost in transit (via Amazon, UPS, USPS couriers) thru then I ever did in the 10 years I have been buying from Amazon.