Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The New HP Tuners MPVI2+ is now Available!

Potential Tuner
    How do I go about shipping my interface back to hptuners and do I receive the mpvi2+ before I send mpvi2 back

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Smxtmpr34 View Post
    is the cost still 189$ if you're upgrading a MPVI 2 Pro to a 2+ Pro?

Also will the time it takes to Write a Calibration be effected or stay the same?
    Same question here.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    What's the cost to upgrade from MPVI2 pro to MPVI2+ pro? $189 or $439?
    $189+shipping
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin ssv View Post
    do I receive the mpvi2+ before I send mpvi2 back
    No, you will not receive the MPVI2+ before we receive your MPVI2 at our facility. Return shipping instructions should be posted shortly for those looking to upgrade their device.

Potential Tuner
    As I'm in Australia that's going to be a long time with out a device I might just wait for a mpvi3 to come out

Quote Originally Posted by KSD View Post
    I have a mpvi2 and have the pro link cable
    How or what is the process on getting a new cable ?Is there a exchange for the old cables to the new ?Are there new Pro link cables available ?
    same question here , do we have to invest on another pro link cable ? mine came flimsy without the box you show on the pictures

are we going to get updates on hardware like every 2 years or so? if so this is getting expensive

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    same question here , do we have to invest on another pro link cable ? mine came flimsy without the box you show on the pictures

are we going to get updates on hardware like every 2 years or so? if so this is getting expensive
    says it comes with new Pro-Link, but I'm with you on the "getting expensive", I assumed since it had BT, it would work with Iphone BLE already, and since it had a USB-C port I assumed it was already high speed.

Makes one wonder...
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by KSD View Post
    I have a mpvi2 and have the pro link cable
    How or what is the process on getting a new cable ?Is there a exchange for the old cables to the new ?Are there new Pro link cables available ?
    I have the same question as well. I have a 2 Pro and will upgrade to a 2+ pro. Do I have to buy a new prolink cable?

Chris
    2004 Corvette
    2004 GTO
    2013 Yukon Denali XL

Tuner
    I placed an order to upgrade my mvpi 1 to 2 on the 23rd the NEXT day I got an email, I have shipped the unit, I'd like to go ahead and go to the 2+ have submitted a tickets sent 2 emails have heard NOTHING back. Been out of the tuning scene for a while getting back at it with one of my new builds and figure I might has well have the latest and greatest. but lack of reply is frustrating to say the least.

Potential Tuner
    I ordered my unit on July 23. Because I live oversea, I got the unit MPV2 on July 28. On July 27, I got the news from hp tuner that MPV2+ is coming out. Hp tuner could have informed me of new version at time of purchasing. I could have waited. I did submitted a ticket and got replied by saying that I can upgrade to + version with $189. Is it so hard to inform your customer of new unit coming out? My order number was #524888. My ticket number is 18678.

Has anyone with a 2+ used Bluetooth? I just got mine in the mail Td. Let the device update the drivers and register itself. It connects to the Scanner and logs just fine with a USB cable. But wont connect to Bluetooth, I can successfully Pair the 2+ to my Laptop. But when I try to connect it to the Scanner and start logging it says Interface can not be found.

Anyone know if this feature is still being worked on? Or should they work right out of the box?

Also I tried it in a 2015 Ram 1500, and every time I plug the Interface into the OBD2 port, it will Reset the Nav/Radio which I find kinda odd.
    Last edited by Smxtmpr34; 08-08-2021 at 04:19 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    $189+shipping
    Bill@HPTuners is there anyway to drop off the old MPVI2 in person...you guys are literally like 10 miles from my house? Also, when returning the interface does HP tuners require just the interface and not the pro-link and USB cable? (my apologies if this has been asked already).
    Last edited by Homer; 08-11-2021 at 09:37 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Smxtmpr34 View Post
    Has anyone with a 2+ used Bluetooth? I just got mine in the mail Td. Let the device update the drivers and register itself. It connects to the Scanner and logs just fine with a USB cable. But wont connect to Bluetooth, I can successfully Pair the 2+ to my Laptop. But when I try to connect it to the Scanner and start logging it says Interface can not be found.

Anyone know if this feature is still being worked on? Or should they work right out of the box?

Also I tried it in a 2015 Ram 1500, and every time I plug the Interface into the OBD2 port, it will Reset the Nav/Radio which I find kinda odd.
    Best to just submit a help ticket to HP tuners to resolve your issue as I doubt a lot of folks have the upgraded interface yet.

Tuner in Training
    If upgrading from 2 Pro to 2+Pro do we have to buy a new cable? I'd like to order one time and pay 1 shipping fee

Chris

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by magredvet View Post
    If upgrading from 2 Pro to 2+Pro do we have to buy a new cable? I'd like to order one time and pay 1 shipping fee

Chris
    No, it will come with the new pro link cable.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    No, it will come with the new pro link cable.
    Thanks for the quick response!!

Chris
    2004 Corvette
    2004 GTO
    2013 Yukon Denali XL

Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    Bill@HPTuners is there anyway to drop off the old MPVI2 in person...you guys are literally like 10 miles from my house? Also, when returning the interface does HP tuners require just the interface and not the pro-link and USB cable? (my apologies if this has been asked already).
    Same question here.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by barkingspud View Post
    Same question here.
    Unfortunately not, sorry. Mail in only.

Ok. Thanks Bill.

Is the + backwards compatible on Suite software?