Thread: OS Conversion Questions - easy ones (for you guys)

Tuner in Training

OS Conversion Questions - easy ones (for you guys)

Yes, new to HPT and very new to boosted tuning. Truck is 2005 Silverado 6.0L, Man Trans, P59, 78/75 Turbo, 2 BAR MAP, Deka 60#.

Question is: Why did the Kpa values in the VE tables go from increments of 5 (in the 1 BAR NA tune) to increments of 10 when I converted over to the 2 BAR OS? Did I miss something?

This of course really jacked up the VE tables because it spread my NA data across the 2 Bar tables. The NA tune was done on a dyno by a professional and ran great. Just added turbo, deka 60s, and 2 BAR MAP.

Don't have any scans to post yet.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Unfortunately, you lose that resolution on some applications when you upgrade to a 2 bar OS. It's pretty easy to fix though. Simply copy/paste your old VE table rows into the new table.

Tuner in Training
    Gotcha. I thought that may be the case, but did not want to assume anything since I am far from experienced in this. Thank you for clarifying. I hope that helps get things straightened out a little bit. It is crazy pig rich after the new injector install and 2 BAR OS conversion.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    yeah with the P59 ecm's they are limited in space for the code so some sacrifices needed to be made, in this case resolution.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    I have seen the question asked a billion times throughout cyberspace, with never a really good answer... Can someone send me a P59 tune (6.0L) with good data or Excel spreadsheet for these Siemens Deka 60lb/hr injectors (p/n: 114961)? I have tried several different values I've found, and this thing does not want to run. And if I force it to start, it looks like its a diesel. Pig rich black smoke, then dies. I guess cuz I am new at this, I find it so very difficult that in the year 2021, I cannot find good injector data on a fuel injector that has been out for over a decade. Help. My original posted tune file shows the injector data that I currently have. Thanks in advance.

I don't have the data but don't forget to fail the MAF sensor for speed density. Set the MAF fail high to 0hz and the 3 MAF dtc's to MIL on first error.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you. That would explain the REP and codes I got yesterday.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I don't have the data but don't forget to fail the MAF sensor for speed density. Set the MAF fail high to 0hz and the 3 MAF dtc's to MIL on first error.
    Changed that in tune, still wont start. Going into REP and getting P068, P0102, and P0103 DTC's. What is going on?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ANGRYZ06 View Post
    I have seen the question asked a billion times throughout cyberspace, with never a really good answer... Can someone send me a P59 tune (6.0L) with good data or Excel spreadsheet for these Siemens Deka 60lb/hr injectors (p/n: 114961)? I have tried several different values I've found, and this thing does not want to run. And if I force it to start, it looks like its a diesel. Pig rich black smoke, then dies. I guess cuz I am new at this, I find it so very difficult that in the year 2021, I cannot find good injector data on a fuel injector that has been out for over a decade. Help. My original posted tune file shows the injector data that I currently have. Thanks in advance.
    No one has ever characterized the Deka 60lb/hr injectors that I have seen. I have calibrated a few turbo 4 cylinder GM FWD applications in the past with these injectors and had to fudge the numbers. They can run ok but the data isn't right which means you bake the error into your calibration. It has been years since I have tried to tune with them so someone may have the data.

If you have spent the money on this build and want it to be done well, spend the money on some ID's of the size you need, copy the data they provide to you and move onto air calibrating your airflow model. You will thank yourself knowing your fuel model is right and you won't have to second guess anything.

Your tune title says 72LB and by the looks of it, you have 72LB injectors in your IFR table. So which injectors are you using?

Senior Tuner
    Go to the Engine Diag>Airflow>Calc Airmass table and max it out to 4.10. Same thing for the MAF Airmax table. Then go to the Calculated MAP Max table and increase to a value higher than the max boost leavel.

Tuner in Training
    Deka 60's, which from the calculators and injector data sheets I've seen equate to roughly 72lb/hr at GM 58psi FRP. I have ID1000's in my Z06, and yes while they are wonderful and provide perfect data, my actual tuner recommended the Deka 80's but I'm running 6 psi on this turbo truck, so that is why I went with the 60#ers.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for that, I will get those things adjusted and give it a try. I'll keep u posted.

Advanced Tuner
    Deka 60's, which from the calculators and injector data sheets I've seen equate to roughly 72lb/hr at GM 58psi FRP. I have ID1000's in my Z06, and yes while they are wonderful and provide perfect data, my actual tuner recommended the Deka 80's but I'm running 6 psi on this turbo truck, so that is why I went with the 60#ers.
    Oh yes that is right I forgot the Dekas are rated at 43.5PSI in most flow sheets, so the 58PSI flow rate is right.

I do not think any of the offset tables are available for any of the Deka injectors that I have seen but maybe someone has spent the money and had them characterized.

Aren't the ID's nice!? I know they are spendy but man they are easy to use.

Tuner in Training
    Update: newest injector data log file. Have to give it 1/4 throttle to keep it running. super rich. still not sure where the issue is.

Tuner in Training
    Finally got some pretty darn good injector data for these 60lb/hr Siemens Deka FI114961 from a credible source, so thought I would share that with the world since it was such a PITA.

Got the truck into MAF only mode and it ran and idled great hanging around 12.5 AFR. Until I shut it off and tried to restart it. Seems MAF is stuck on 346Hz and 1.2g/s and since it is an ECCP brand I figure it is garbage. I have a new OEM Delphi MAF on the way, delivery tomorrow. Also attached is the logs and tune from yesterday/today. The "MAF no function..." log is when I logged key-on engine-off and unplugged and replugged the MAF in, under hood where you can see IAT switch from ambient to -38 degrees back to ambient. Checked DTC's and there is nothing.

Let me know your thoughts...

Tuner in Training
    Well I was right. The ACDelco MAF was the fix. It starts, idles, and runs down the road now. Working on getting MAF tuning dialed in now. That injector data I posted was really good too.

Senior Tuner
    Well I was right. The ACDelco MAF was the fix. It starts, idles, and runs down the road now. Working on getting MAF tuning dialed in now. That injector data I posted was really good too.
    Thanks for the update!

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the fuel injector data.
    Im sizing up a turbo for an LS1, and the siemens 60lb were exactly the model I was considering since months ago.!

Tuner in Training
    Appreciate the info on the siemens 60#.