Thread: 426 Stoker kit N/A Idle issues

Potential Tuner

426 Stoker kit N/A Idle issues

Hello everyone, I have a 2012 Challenger SRT8. Installed a stroker kit, an HRT stage 2 S/C cam kit (getting a Whipple down the road), ported stock heads, Manley race series valves (stock size), a 180 thermostat, 90mm ported intake manifold, long-tube headers, high-flow cats, 75 psi oil pump. I currently have the stock injectors in because the SRT4 stage 1's for some reason not working. the vehicle starts up but does not idle unless I am giving it throttle, and my tuner sent me a tune to hopefully get it to idle yesterday, flashed the car with it but still having the same issue. Any ideas on what I should do? The log file is for today the 15th and the tune file for what I have in it now. Thanks for any insight on this. jul;y 15th.hplJeff Weichel -2012 Dodge Challenger Stock_Start_Up_Stock_Injector_Test_1.hpt

Try this one thing torque Model-loss-friction base inverse the numbers high to the left side, low to the right.

Put 10 down far left column and 3 down far right, high light and interpolate. Got me going, not sure if it applies to you, but try.
    2018 Trackhawk PCM/TCM tune by Dusterhoff.
    Flex Fuel, MMX faux 95mm TB, GripTec 2.85, 10% ATI lower, FIC1200, ARH 1 7/8 w/cats, 180 T-stat

13 Chrysler 300S, RAM BGE 412 stroker, cam motion 232/246 619/619 118 +4, ATI 18% OD pulley
    Whipple Gen5 3.0, 2.50 upper pulley, Smooth Boost controller, FIC 1200 inj. Nick W 108mm TB, FORE dual return fuel system, E85, FTI 2800 stall(SRT83380), SHR WAR Viking trans and valve body, Getrag 3.73, 1 7/8 kooks w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back 943rwhp

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    you need to change your fuel model completely and tuning ANN first
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Potential Tuner
    I also forgot to mention that I also have the cam phaser limiter installed, Coanan will i have to change the numbers you gave me or would i be ok with them as a start?

Quote Originally Posted by j3ffjr View Post
    I also forgot to mention that I also have the cam phaser limiter installed, Coanan will i have to change the numbers you gave me or would i be ok with them as a start?
    For some reason my eng doesn't like the cam phaser enabled, also have the limiter installed.

More than likely a tuning issue I'll address later when a pro takes over.

Trial and error is what you do if you can't afford a good tuner. It's what I'm doing now until dyno time, then it goes to a pro.

My start, stop, drivability, and VE are pretty damn good right now.

I had to do what I suggested above to keep it running, so I was able to get out and work on VE/fueling. Try it and see what happens.

Like Sultan said: " you have other issues also that need to be addressed"
    2018 Trackhawk PCM/TCM tune by Dusterhoff.
    Flex Fuel, MMX faux 95mm TB, GripTec 2.85, 10% ATI lower, FIC1200, ARH 1 7/8 w/cats, 180 T-stat

13 Chrysler 300S, RAM BGE 412 stroker, cam motion 232/246 619/619 118 +4, ATI 18% OD pulley
    Whipple Gen5 3.0, 2.50 upper pulley, Smooth Boost controller, FIC 1200 inj. Nick W 108mm TB, FORE dual return fuel system, E85, FTI 2800 stall(SRT83380), SHR WAR Viking trans and valve body, Getrag 3.73, 1 7/8 kooks w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back 943rwhp

Throw in that factory srt4 injector data, all of it, install them. You'll run out of injector with those stock ones in wot. How big of an increase in throttle body size from stock is it? Multiply ratio of increase in throttle body model across the board. Such as enough ie 20% to keep you in closed loop fueling when driving around or sitting still. Seeing fuel system status other than normal is a hint that its not enough to too much. Then supercharged, add 63.5 lbs from 0 to .8 volts in throttle body model and blend from there to 1volt. Ann can work until supercharged. Put cat protection back to stock.