Thread: Launch Stumble / brake stall surge

Tuner in Training

Launch Stumble / brake stall surge

I have a 2008 ram 1500. small cam FBO 2800 stall 5.7 hemi n/a.
    I have had a issue when WOT launching where the vehicle will launch for a split second and then fall off power for a fraction of a second and then accelerate as expected after that. It can also be duplicated by footbrake stalling. When brake stalling it will lurch and fall off and lurch and fall off..... until you let off. (feels like torque management). It has only done this since the stall converter was added. Definitely has to be a tune issue as I have been through the trans twice for other upgrades since. It's killing my 60' time and id like to figure it out. (new to hp, maybe something to do with target stall torque?)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    I figured it out. torque management was derating engine at launch/brake-stall because the target stall torque was set too low for the calculated torque output that was being seen at launch/brake-stall. Trans> torque management> target stall torque> brake on/brake off> set values incrementally higher until issue is resolved. (adjust at your own risk) my transmission is built to handle it. I hope this helps the next guy.