Thread: MAP Errors With 2Bar OS

Tuner in Training

MAP Errors With 2Bar OS

'10 Camaro SS 2LE A6
    L99
    E38
    HPT 4.10.4
    MPV1

Bracket race car and needing to control heat better. Installed 160 tstat and now need lower fan values turning on low/high speeds. Previously did the 2Bar OS for my '05 GTO E40 and works flawlessly although I did install a 2Bar MAP sensor 19236265.

Before upgrading to the 2Bar OS for the E38 with the L99 I did my due diligence by understanding the VVE will revert to a standard VE table(s) and zero it out. The MAP sensor characteristics will change as well.

Knowing this I proceeded with the upgrade to the 2Bar, adjusted the tune for MAF only, scaled the MAP characteristics back to the stock 1Bar MAP, and started the car. STFT's were out of wack and did some mixed non-WOT driving to get them in line. LTFT's followed and now pretty decent. I want to further scale the MAF but I keep getting P0068 and P0106 codes.

Checked Engine Diag > Airflow, compared the tune with the 2Bar and 1Bar OS's and no change for the Airflow correlation. Is this 2Bar OS looking for some other MAP setting I am missing? Possibly replace the stock 1Bar sensor with the 3Bar 12592525, set the linear/offset to the required 312.50/-11.25? Although the resolution wont be as good with the 3Bar and no reason since just an NA engine.

Thanks for any suggestions. Tune attached.

Fans 2.hpt
    '05 GTO E40
    '01 TA

Advanced Tuner
    Probably a good idea to populate the VE table.

Tuner in Training
    Populated VE table with stock map. In the scanner the codes show as permanent but the CEL does not light up. Car runs decent but needs full MAF and VE dialed in.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LFSADRG View Post
    Populated VE table with stock map. In the scanner the codes show as permanent but the CEL does not light up. Car runs decent but needs full MAF and VE dialed in.
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...nd-VCM-Scanner