Thread: Ford Ranger 2.2 2012 UK Stock File for comparison.

Potential Tuner

Question Ford Ranger 2.2 2012 UK Stock File for comparison.

Hi,

Damian from Ipswich in the UK, new to HP Tuners and this forum, wondering if anyone can assist.

I've recently read a modified ranger that has had a few issues resulting in a cracked piston, I've nothing to compare the tune to currently till one comes my way of the same year etc.. Just wondered if anyone could help with a known stock file for me to compare so I can see what changes have been made.

I'm also happy to share this 'tuned file' for anyone who wants for comparison or just a general look for their own interest.

Tuner in Training
    Definitely interested to see the file. Most issues come from the main injection volumes tables set too high leading to excessive heat in the chamber.

Tuning in Diesel needs to stay above 18:1 during full power runs and other operations. Would be interesting to see if they have just upped the fuel or boost also in the tune you are looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianJPaine View Post
    Hi,

Damian from Ipswich in the UK, new to HP Tuners and this forum, wondering if anyone can assist.

I've recently read a modified ranger that has had a few issues resulting in a cracked piston, I've nothing to compare the tune to currently till one comes my way of the same year etc.. Just wondered if anyone could help with a known stock file for me to compare so I can see what changes have been made.

I'm also happy to share this 'tuned file' for anyone who wants for comparison or just a general look for their own interest.
    Last edited by Natedogg1986; 07-17-2021 at 04:49 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Hi,

Here is the 'tuned' file out of interest for your or anyone to comment on, I will be very interested to here your opinions, I do know it has EGR & DPF off along with boost pressure increases.

Damian
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Hi,

I've posted the 'tuned' file into the thread, please feel free to critic as much as you like, especially if you see anything you feel could have contributed to the engine failure.

Tuner in Training
    Looking at the tune, it?s hard to give you definite standard to tuned view, but I?ve looked at a 3.2 which has a larger displacement per cylinder and similar boost levels.

It?s not hard to see why the piston has failed though. Just picking a single point in lower RPMS at high Torque. Boost is only 10-20 Kpa higher yet has 30milligrams more fuel injected. 5% boost increase but nearly 40% increase in fuel volume. Given the smaller volume per cylinder this would be higher than 40% increase though.

Max fueling markers were moved to 90milligrams too. Massive amounts of fuel.

You need to put on an AFR gauge after the repair to the engine. At a guess I would expect to see numbers well below 18:1. I would likely see 14:1 is readings or lower. Was this tuned by someone with a predominant petrol background?

Hi,

I've posted the 'tuned' file into the thread, please feel free to critic as much as you like, especially if you see anything you feel could have contributed to the engine failure.
    Last edited by Natedogg1986; 07-18-2021 at 08:38 PM.

Hi,

without source ori file you are unlikely to get a competent conclusion

GM FORD DODGE
    custom xdf for hpt

Potential Tuner
    Yes, I'm looking to get one currently.

Potential Tuner
    Cheers thank you.