Thread: Silerado 4.8l Tune

Silerado 4.8l Tune

Hello everyone

I am totally new at tuning and was hoping that somone had a tune for a TSP stage 2.5 that would make it safe for me to drive around dependably while I work out and learn the whole HP Tune system. (Duration .050, Intake 212, Exhaust 218, lobe lift .353 on both, Valve lift @ 1.7 .600 on both, Lobe seperation 114)

I did read through the stickys' but I currently have my heads disassembled and was hoping to get the cam in now before I button everything up but I also need my truck as I've been sharing my wifes car for almost two weeks now. I also looked through the repository and the web and haven;t found anything close.

I'm simply trying to a shortcut so I can actually learn the system and be effective.

If not I'll do the cam another day.

Thank you in advance.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 08Silverado4.8l View Post
    Hello everyone

I am totally new at tuning and was hoping that somone had a tune for a TSP stage 2.5 that would make it safe for me to drive around dependably while I work out and learn the whole HP Tune system. (Duration .050, Intake 212, Exhaust 218, lobe lift .353 on both, Valve lift @ 1.7 .600 on both, Lobe seperation 114)

I did read through the stickys' but I currently have my heads disassembled and was hoping to get the cam in now before I button everything up but I also need my truck as I've been sharing my wifes car for almost two weeks now. I also looked through the repository and the web and haven;t found anything close.

I'm simply trying to a shortcut so I can actually learn the system and be effective.

If not I'll do the cam another day.

Thank you in advance.
    Here's a quick synopsis of the steps that will get it running safely...

1. Go to Engine>Airflow>Dynamic tab and lower the High rpm disable/re-enable to 400/300 respectively.
    2. Go to Engine>Idle>RPM tables and Add 200 rpm to the four idle rpm tables.
    3. Go to Engine>Idle>Airflow tables and add 4.0 gms/sec to the Airflow Final Min table
    4. Go to Engine>Idle>Airflow and increase the startup airflow by 25%.
    5. Go to Engine Diag>Airflow tab and change Min ECT for P0101 to 256, and change Airflow Correlation RPM from 800 to 8000.
    6. Go to Engine Diag>Misfire tab and change Min misfire detection enable to 2500 rpm.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    Here's a quick synopsis of the steps that will get it running safely...

1. Go to Engine>Airflow>Dynamic tab and lower the High rpm disable/re-enable to 400/300 respectively.
    2. Go to Engine>Idle>RPM tables and Add 200 rpm to the four idle rpm tables.
    3. Go to Engine>Idle>Airflow tables and add 4.0 gms/sec to the Airflow Final Min table
    4. Go to Engine>Idle>Airflow and increase the startup airflow by 25%.
    5. Go to Engine Diag>Airflow tab and change Min ECT for P0101 to 256, and change Airflow Correlation RPM from 800 to 8000.
    6. Go to Engine Diag>Misfire tab and change Min misfire detection enable to 2500 rpm.
    Thank you so much!