Thread: E82 ecm info

Potential Tuner

E82 ecm info

Hi, I'm in the middle of a swapping a 2015 silverado l83 into a 2017 lgz colorado. The Colorado uses the E82 ecm. The silverado uses the E92 ecm. Dealing with the bcm is a pain. It would be easiest for me (from a bcm perspective) to just use the E82 ecm and adapt it to the L83. However, I can't find any useful information on the E82 because it's only on v6s and nobody has time for that. Does anyone have any info they would kindly share. Anything at all might help. Thanks!

Things I've read but seen no proof of:

E82 has significantly different pinouts

E82 has different processor

E82 runs the same OS

Advanced Tuner
    You need 2 more injector drivers for the V8.
    The V8 has one cam sensor and 1 cam actuator and the V6 has 4 cam sensors and 4 cam actuators.

I see those as the two biggest issues you may face trying to use the E82 for the V8 and that is just off the top of my head. Does the E82 have the required high voltage drivers for the 2 additional injectors? I don't know but seeing as it is only used in V6 set ups makes me think that you won't.

Are you just swapping the engine? What about the transmission?
    Last edited by cadillactech; 07-18-2021 at 03:10 PM.

Potential Tuner
    I'm Stuck! I just can't get the e92 to communicate with HPTuners through the obd port. It sees the TCM and that works fine. But the ecm protocol isn't even detected

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LyonNightroad View Post
    I'm Stuck! I just can't get the e92 to communicate with HPTuners through the obd port. It sees the TCM and that works fine. But the ecm protocol isn't even detected
    I made a super silly mistake. I thought I bought a used e92 but it was NEW. So it wasn't flashed yet, so of course it couldn't communicate.