Thread: MAF is surging during WOT? TT 5.0 car 12psi

MAF is surging during WOT? TT 5.0 car 12psi

Finished up tuning the torque tables and car pulls smooth, but in the datalog my MAF/lb min is showing it going up and down between 57lb/min to 60lb/min through out the whole pull? has anyone had this issue? is this waste gate related? on3 twin 67s GFB3 controller. 12psi tr6060 car.

I KNOW ITS COMMANDING MORE FUEL AND I HAVE THIS ISSUE REGARDLESS. Fueling is off because one of my pumps didnt switch on. (already fixed issue)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    You can disabling Cylair anticipation while leaving the Cylair filter enabled. Out side of that its all physical MAF placement and the air stream it is sampling.

You didn't have to change your gear ratios?
    Hard to tell if the RPM is showing slip or its just not happy with not getting the gear ratios it is expecting. If it is slipping that can affect what the MAF reports.
    1st-2.97 2nd-1.78 3rd-1.30 4th-1.00 5th-0.80 6th-0.63 reverse 2.9 Is what I think the TR6060 gear ratios are suppose to be. During your pulls it seems to be trying to use 1.68(3rd) and 1.28(4th) gear ratios, instead of the proper 2nd and 3rd gear ratios.

I believe this should be 2nd, close to stock 3rd
    2nd should be 1.78.PNG

I believe this should be 3rd, close to stock 4th
    3rd should be 1.3.PNG

I believe this should be 4th, same as stock 5th, pulls and vehicle speed in this gear it might not matter.
    4th.PNG

I believe this should be 5th
    5th.PNG

This looks almost like a money shift. RPM shouldn't spike as it did when you are off the gas pedal. Don't need to break it during tuning, granny shift.
    Last edited by murfie; 07-19-2021 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    You can disabling Cylair anticipation while leaving the Cylair filter enabled. Out side of that its all physical MAF placement and the air stream it is sampling.

You didn't have to change your gear ratios?
    Hard to tell if the RPM is showing slip or its just not happy with not getting the gear ratios it is expecting. If it is slipping that can affect what the MAF reports.
    1st-2.97 2nd-1.78 3rd-1.30 4th-1.00 5th-0.80 6th-0.63 reverse 2.9 Is what I think the TR6060 gear ratios are suppose to be. During your pulls it seems to be trying to use 1.68(3rd) and 1.28(4th) gear ratios, instead of the proper 2nd and 3rd gear ratios.

I believe this should be 2nd, close to stock 3rd
    2nd should be 1.78.PNG

I believe this should be 3rd, close to stock 4th
    3rd should be 1.3.PNG

I believe this should be 4th, same as stock 5th, pulls and vehicle speed in this gear it might not matter.
    4th.PNG

I believe this should be 5th
    5th.PNG

This looks almost like a money shift. RPM shouldn't spike as it did when you are off the gas pedal. Don't need to break it during tuning, granny shift.
    Ill give that a shot and see if that helps my issue.

and i haven't noticed any issues from not correcting gear ratio but ill change it and see if it does anything.

as far as rpm i think it may be slipping a little since a have a RST mcleod with a stock flywheel but i have a RXT1200HD sitting near by. iv always had this issue on high rpm shift but I am lifting off pedal.

a friend of mine told me the maf issue could be related to the speed density section. and to do what you said as well and disable cylanti. until I learn how to tune that area.
    aside from that do you see anything in the tune that may be wrong.

Tuner
    My turbo car also fluctuates like that, I even tried an air straightener in the tube just before the MAF, but nothing fixed it. Now I just ignore it, as long as lambda and spark are where I want, I’m happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Plimmer View Post
    My turbo car also fluctuates like that, I even tried an air straightener in the tube just before the MAF, but nothing fixed it. Now I just ignore it, as long as lambda and spark are where I want, I?m happy.
    Good to know I?m not the only one.. if I figure out a solution I post it here

Advanced Tuner
    This is a stock file with specific tables adjusted for your file.

Torque/Inverse 0-3, 9, OP
    VCT Fuel Economy Distance Table 38190
    Borderline Spark 0-3, 9, OP
    Change Tip-Out Spark Decel to 60*in all cells

tq-inv-0-1-2-3-9-OP-VCTBestFuelEconomyDistance.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowleen View Post
    Good to know I?m not the only one.. if I figure out a solution I post it here
    It's incorrect torque/inverse tables. These require work. You want good fueling, work on torque tables. It's more than torque errors. It's Load Calculations, Torque Calculations, MAF lb Calculations.