Thread: Good laptop for HP

Tuner in Training

Good laptop for HP

My Lenovo that I've been using for quite some time had a screen failure (I broke it). Anyhow, I've never liked it from day one and it's slower than Mole Asses LOL. I like the fact that it has a fairly small screen (11") but that's about it. This laptop is only used for tuning and car pictures. Any of you guys have advice for a good replacement?

Potential Tuner
    Depending on how much you want to spend. You might be better getting a windows tablet. you can get a 10" screen but if you want a good 2 and 1 you could get the HP Elite series they are a laptop tablet hybrid.
    Kindest Regards,

Mitch McDonald

Dodge Caliber SRT-4 (N/A block forged internals, Stock head and cams, stock turbo.

Banned
    I’m an employee at Best Buy and specialize in PC/Computing. My personal favorite for tuning or vehicle work specifically has got to be the Microsoft Surface Pro 7 or Surface Laptop Go. Very portable devices, outstanding build quality and screen along with great battery life. Downside? May be too pricey for some if just strictly for tuning software but there are great back to school deals going on right now. Not a student? Well then just say you’re shopping for your kids kidding anyone can take advantage of the deals

Tuner in Training
    Surface pro7 is great. Get the Microsoft pen, Bluetooth number pad, and a good case.

Potential Tuner
    Been using hp 450G5 for 2 years now as a graphic designer and developer.She's doing great.

I bought an old 13" macbook and dual boot windows. I need to use a mouse to do the dual click 3D rotations, but other than that, its working out great. Cost me $400 form ebay

I have a Microsoft Surface go 2 that I mount in a RAM Tab tite that's mounted to the dash in my Fusion, works great. I have a track ball mouse on amount I made up and a wireless key board that just rides around on the passenger seat. Whole set up is nice, lets me do file changes on the road, and data logging

Feedback on budget tablets

I am new to tuning and I am doing it with my Dell Latitude laptop and it does a really good job.

The size and bulk of the laptop is a problem and also creates a problem with using the mouse pad. I keep trying to use it as a touch screen...which it is not LOL. I would like to use a windows tablet with a touch screen that is about 10 inches. I see some real inexpensive ones on Amazon but a bit leery of them. They may be ok because about the only thing I would use it for would be the tuner suite. Since it wont be used for anything else, I was wondering if anyone is using one of these 200.00 tablets from Amazon and if you are happy with it?

Thanks
    Last edited by Homeless; 02-07-2022 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Subscribed to this post

Senior Tuner
    Cheap is fine. Just make sure it has an AMD or Intel cpu that runs x86. ARM CPUs are widely reported here to not work.

Quote Originally Posted by hjtrbo View Post
    Cheap is fine. Just make sure it has an AMD or Intel cpu that runs x86. ARM CPUs are widely reported here to not work.
    Thanks, I found a deal on a used Surface Pro 3. It works great so far

Potential Tuner
    GPD Pocket 3 might be a good options here

Well, I'm hoping this new Dell Inspiron 14 5000 2in1 I got will work well.
    Will be using it for my sales job also.

I'll be finding out over the next few weeks I guess.
    2003 2500 QCLB 305/555 NV5600 W/ FAST COOLERS w/ 9 qts Pennzoil Synchromesh, 4x4, Edge CTS for Gauges added with EAS a real Oil psi, LP psi, Oil temp and trans fluid temp, DPP Cool Hose w/ OEM AF Box, Baldwin PF7977, GDP MK-2 FF Kit, OBS Fan Clutch Mod, Steering Box Brace, 1 piece Al driveshaft, On-Board Air w/Horns, BedRug under Color Matched Leer topper.

Quote Originally Posted by tryNto View Post
    Well, I'm hoping this new Dell Inspiron 14 5000 2in1 I got will work well.
    Will be using it for my sales job also.

I'll be finding out over the next few weeks I guess.
    I wound up buying a used Surface pro 3 and it is great. The detachable keyboard makes it much easier while in the vehicle