Thread: 5.3 ltb1 and 2 stay at 25

Tuner in Training

5.3 ltb1 and 2 stay at 25

i just put a stock 02 5.3 out of a tahoe in my 240sx but sometimes it idles like crap then catches it my LT BS 1 and 2 stay at +25 at idle. aswell if i do anything to the tune like no error report sensor 2 o2 sensors to turn them off the car wont even idle if i touch it. car does have a cold air intake and headers

7.19.21 (1).hpl

Senior Tuner
    Do you have an exhaust system on the car yet? if it's open headers, you'll need to disconnect the O2 sensors and clear the fuel trims.

Tuner in Training
    It does have a exhaust headers go to a Y pipe to a single exit 3inch straight pipe

Senior Tuner
    The fuel trims are indicating that it's very lean. As you mentioned, it's adding a lot of fuel.

Attach the tune file and it will help us troubleshoot it for you.

What is your fuel pressure?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    the tunes just bone stock just disabled vats. fuel pressure is stock 45psi its supposed to be.

LS_240sx_no_vats.hpt

Stock fuel pressure is suppose to 58psi on a LS engine.

Raise your fuel pressure and see if it stops being so lean.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    i apologize pressure is 55 just ran it again.

Okay. Then if it's still that lean just at idle you have a vacuum leak or exhaust leaks right at both o2 sensors.

I'd look into a leak in your cold air intake, throttle body gasket or intake gaskets/injector o-rings.

Tuner in Training
    Okay so tune is fine cause all I turned off was vats I'm unsure if I need to turn more off

If the engine is stock just like you say it is, fuel pressure is good then yeah the tune should be okay.

Adding headers won't make the fuel trims go nuts like that. Usually there is another issue like a vacuum leak or exhaust leak causing the trims to go crazy.

Also being a swap vehicle does need a lot of other stuff turned off. Like COT, rear o2 sensor codes, evap codes, cat codes etc etc.