Thread: Electric Fan Conversion, 2001 Suburban 2500

Potential Tuner

Electric Fan Conversion, 2001 Suburban 2500

I know this topic comes up quite a bit but I haven't found the definitive answer I'm looking for. As this title says I am doing an eclectic fan conversion on my 2001 Suburban 2500, I have read through the forums using the search function and have come up with a lot of information but nothing for my particular vehicle. I have seen talk about updating to the 12212156 OS but am not sure how that would work for my 6.0/4l80e, I have also read about patching using 00-02 f-body or y-body as well as 05-06 c/k. Any information would be greatly appreciated before I dive into this conversion.

Senior Tuner
    You'll need to build a harness that can be triggered by AC also. A 2001 does not have a high side A/C pressure sensor so the computer isn't able to turn it on with A/C

We make a kit that blends the low, high controls from the ECM with a on/off trigger from the A/C compressor. When A/C comes on it bumps the fans to the next highest setting.. so if off they go to low, if low they go to high. etc.

https://www.pcmofnc.com/product/1999...version-kit-3/
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    You'll need to build a harness that can be triggered by AC also. A 2001 does not have a high side A/C pressure sensor so the computer isn't able to turn it on with A/C

We make a kit that blends the low, high controls from the ECM with a on/off trigger from the A/C compressor. When A/C comes on it bumps the fans to the next highest setting.. so if off they go to low, if low they go to high. etc.

https://www.pcmofnc.com/product/1999...version-kit-3/
    Does your harness allow the fans to turn off after a defined speed like it can be set up in the tune or will it continually run when the a/c is on? I would assume the relay portion of your harness is similar to a factory 05-06 harness but you also include a sub-harness that appears to have an additional trigger wire and an ic of some sort to control it, is this sub harness available by itself as I already have the fans and harness.