Thread: Swap Lsa Airflow table no effect on throttle plate position

Advanced Tuner

Swap Lsa Airflow table no effect on throttle plate position

Hello, have a swapped Lsa vehicle. Have Camaro Ecm, pedal, throttle body. But when trying to have additional airflow added from table in the tune, or in scanner, it will not follow command. When in scanner, I've tried raising the Throttle position with no effect. Also tried to raise idle in scanner and no response. Pedal response seems normal, but just won't respond to base airflow changes. Throwing P0506 and P0606 codes. Anything in the Dtc's or tune settings that could cause this in a engine swapped vehicle?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by h2.4; 07-20-2021 at 07:48 PM.

Senior Tuner
    The VCM controllers in the Scanner will not work in all applications.
    Do you have a specific problem that you're trying to fix?

Advanced Tuner
    Yes, as stated, the Idle Airflow commanded will not have any response when raising or lowering it. The Throttle % is fixed at 22% when idling. It recently threw a p0506 and p0606 codes.

Senior Tuner
    Oh, gotcha.
    The throttle MAP tables have been altered. That's causing your issues.
    You'll need to change the Throttle axis and all of the throttle MAPs back to stock.

Senior Tuner
    Here's a mostly stock file to work with.

2013camaroLS3with6speedManual.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    The weird thing is I have had the 13 Throttle opening rate table setup from 13 Camaro SS, and the throttle trips out, car bucks and sputters. So I grabbed the 11 SS and that is what is in it now. Once I added the 11 Camaro table it accelerated smooth, no bucking or popping. The Ecm supplier flashed the vin and O.s. into an e38. It never worked right from the beginning. It has given me Rep with the 13 Camaro Throttle tables too, it just took longer for some reason.

Advanced Tuner
    Looks like the O.s. in the ecm he sent me is 12653674. It appears to be 13 Silverado? So maybe the Camaro throttle tables are different. And I also installed Camaro throttle pedal and Camaro throttle body..... Because I asked him for 10-15 Camaro ecm... Sooooo if it is a Silverado Os, I'm assuming I have to run a truck throttle body and pedal? If all of the previous stuff is true..

Senior Tuner
    That's the same OS that's in the 2013 Camaro tune that I listed above.

The throttle MAP's for a 2013 Camaro with manual transmission should work fine, unless it wasn't properly programmed by your supplier to start with.

If it wasn't programmed properly to start with, you'd be guessing as to what values to enter into the throttle MAP's. I would start fresh by returning it to your ECM supplier or local dealer and let them restore it to a stock 2013 Camaro 6 speed application.

Advanced Tuner
    Ok, I will transfer the throttle map from your matching o.s. It's weird, I grabbed a 13 Camaro SS 6 speed from repository and it has different throttle settings than the file you uploaded. I will try yours, your o.s. matches mine like you said. Thank you.

Advanced Tuner
    your throttle map is working. weird, the stock map I got from the repository must have been a typo in the description, or somebody uploaded the wrong file, being listed as 13 Camaro SS m6. Thank you for your time.