Thread: 2008 Ram V6, cannot edit tire size or speedometer calibration

2008 Ram V6, cannot edit tire size or speedometer calibration

... or anything related to the transmission, really. Is this PCM locked down that tight that I can't change the speedometer calibration, or tire size? I mean, I'm more familiar with GM stuff, which makes it relatively painless to change those settings. Is this just a case of "CHRYSLER " or am I blind?

u can use the forum search or use your scanner under special funtions

Quote Originally Posted by f.creek-ranch View Post
    u can use the forum search or use your scanner under special funtions
    Cool, thanks for the canned response! I did search this forum for this particular problem before I even signed up to post, and did not find anything about it. Which is why I posted this thread.

As for the "special functions", the only thing I was able to find was changing the rear end ratio, which isn't helpful for me and is kind of bad UI. On the GM PCM's I'm a little more familiar with, it's in the Edit tab of the editor.

So I guess, since only you and a spammer have responded, that means either a) no one knows how to change their tire size unless it's a Trackhawk, or b) no one cares since it's a Ram V6.

EDIT: Okay, this thread shows how to do it, but then it's followed by lots of people posting about the write process hanging, or their traction control and ABS ceasing to function, or even limp mode activating. Is this really the state of Chrysler tuning?
    Last edited by Left Ventricle; 08-01-2021 at 11:42 AM.