Thread: LS2 TPS issue

Tuner in Training

LS2 TPS issue

I am looking for a little bit of advice before I shell out some cash...

I'm having a few issues with my C6 Corvette and am learning tuning after years of reading about it.

I noticed the other day that I have a bit of a sporadic TPS trace when i'm viewing the data live. I have posted a youtube link so you can see what I mean. It does this whether running, idling, cruising, KOEO etc. It seems to spike now and again.

The weird situation is (and I suppose why i'm checking here with you guys) - when I review a log, zoom out and then zoom in, it seems that HPtuners smoothes out the trace and the peaks aren't visible, it just seems to average it out a bit? To clarify, if I stop logging I can obviously still see the peaks, one zoom step in, back out to original zoom and boom - no peaks???

My TPS voltage trace seems steady and coherent, do I have a problem or not? I have cleaned the wiper arm within with no change. I would be gutted if I spend $500 on a new TB to find there is no issue?

Thanks all, vids below...

https://youtu.be/ZscsR9T_cBA

https://youtu.be/ny4qhPCNtU8

Advanced Tuner
    Can you post an actual log? Can't view the videos, says they are private.

Are there any DTCs setting? Any drive ability concerns?

Tuner in Training
    Sorry, vids published now so should work - I will post a log later but as I say, when reloaded and replayed the spiking you'll see in the video disappears.

The drive ability issues I am having are deserving of a thread on their own (work in progress) but in a nut shell I am getting cruise control/idle hang issues following a tune done locally here in the UK some time ago. I also discovered some horrendous vacuum leaks, rich running, VE table pretty much disabled etc, I'm trying to work through stuff in a logical manner.

I recognise what you're saying ref the log and tune, I will definitely do that, I just wanted to clean up as much around the periphery before I start getting into the weeds.

Saying 'C6 Corvette' doesn't really narrow it down at all, not much more than saying 'my car that I own and am working on'. Year, engine, trans, and tune/log files allow other people to understand what you are working with.

Tuner in Training
    I'm chasing a TAC issue and mine does the exact same thing. Apparently, it's normal? tps.JPG

Tuner in Training
    OK I apologise for lack of info. I have a few bits going on and it was always my intention for a more complete 'post' with log and tune. I'll work on that now and would appreciate you guys and any others having a look over it.

I was just trying to rule out this one 'obvious' issue without maybe preloading the other stuff. Being in the UK means if I need any bits it can be a bit of wait for shipping so I suppose I was just trying to see if this was a 'smoking gun'.

Anyway, i'll get on that post now....

Thanks twoutes, that does look similar to what I have going on.