Thread: 6.4 Whipple Tune problem

Tuner in Training

6.4 Whipple Tune problem

Hey everyone, also wanted to say I made a new profile so I'm not a newb, just switched emails and wanted to get everything on the same page.

2020 Charger with the 6.4, forged rods and pistons, cam/ whipple. On 93 octane currently. Followed Hemituna's guides and got rid of the mid throttle surge, I've done a few boosted hemis and never had to chase my tail like I did on this one. Finally got the airflow side of things and torque management figured out, where I am at now is fighting with power enrichment. It comes in late, I'd like it to come in with less throttle, since with the pulley swap this comes into boost at such low throttle percentages and rpm.

Second issue is when it comes into power enrichment, the torque spikes quickly and seems to hit the limiter. Should I scale the airflow tables down even further?

You can see where it falls off at the top of 5th gear in the log on the last run through gears. It's almost like it hits a hard fuel cut which is why I was logging that channel. Only going part throttle until I put my wideband in, currently have it stuck in another car and need to swap it out, but I wanted to get the drivability taken care of first.

Also the baro settings in here fixed my P0129 code where the baro was reading low on the 2 bar map.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    I would post your original read file so it can be compared to the tune file. is the transmission licensed? id imagine you are hitting the max tq limiter .

Tuner in Training
    Here is stock, and I have the trans licensed, I'll look into that.

Tuner in Training
    Your cam timing changes are causing your second problem

Tuner in Training
    It has a cam lockout, should I just disable it?

Tuner in Training
    Alright I think I got cam timing settled on 9.4, I swapped to e85 and scaled the injectors and now the issue is 10x worse. The driver demand torque is way lower and I'm hitting the limiter faster.

9.1 had even low airflow and it didn't seem to help at all.