Thread: 1.4L sand rail swap/ stand alone harness help

Potential Tuner

1.4L sand rail swap/ stand alone harness help

I have a 1.4l ecotec out of a 2012 Cruze. I recently acquired to put in a sand rail. I have almost all the wiring from the whole car. I want to build a stand alone harness. I?ve never attempted doing a harness or tuning before. If anyone has built a stand alone for a 1.4 i would greatly appreciate any and all knowledge you have on this subject. Thank you

You should use the complete stock engine harness. If you don't have an HPtuner yet get one so you can set up your stock pcm yourself. I found out that is the cheapest way and the best too. I have done it myself for an off road buggy I built. You will need the throttle pedal and wiring too. You will have to make some wiring yourself but if you are handy it's not hard at all. I suggest you get the online manual for your 2012 cruze . I'am sorry but I cannot remember the name of the manual it doesn't cost much and it is well worth it. The name of said manual starts with an M that's all I can remember about it, someone else on here can help out with the rest.
    Last edited by carotene; 07-28-2021 at 06:20 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by carotene View Post
    You should use the complete stock engine harness. If you don't have an HPtuner yet get one so you can set up your stock pcm yourself. I found out that is the cheapest way and the best too. I have done it myself for an off road buggy I built. You will need the throttle pedal and wiring too. You will have to make some wiring yourself but if you are handy it's not hard at all. I suggest you get the online manual for your 2012 cruze . I'am sorry but I cannot remember the name of the manual it doesn't cost much and it is well worth it. The name of said manual starts with an M that's all I can remember about it, someone else on here can help out with the rest.
    Can you tell me how to raise the rpm limits?

Tuner in Training
    Engine, Fuel, Cut-off DFCO, probably a hard limit of 8192

Potential Tuner
    Thanks I’ll check into it. Right now it’s only reving to 4,200.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RC1 View Post
    Engine, Fuel, Cut-off DFCO, probably a hard limit of 8192
    Not sure what I’m looking for. Extreme cut off is at 6,700. Case learn is at 4,000. I’m new to all this, so I’m learning the hard way lol