Thread: L98/6L80E no speed signal

Potential Tuner

L98/6L80E no speed signal

Hi,
    I have done an L98 conversion in a 69 camaro, using the E38 PCM and 6L80E TCM. I am also running the BCM and instrument cluster, all from a 2008 VE SS commodore. I have turned VATS off and it all drives nicely...(Except for 'Engine immobilised, ABS/SRS warnings etc on the instrument cluster, which I haven'tbeen able to get rid of).

I just don't get vehicle speed (speedo doesn't work) I am assuming the VE usually gets vehicle speed from the ABS wheel speed sensors. As I am not running ABS, I want to get the vehicle speed from the Trans.
    I am assuming I can do this in the speedometer hardware and speed sensor settings in HP tuners.

What should Speed output type be?
    (VehSerial or VehRep TOS)

What should the Vehicle Speed Output be?
    (Serial or Rep TOS)

Potential Tuner
    I just sorted it. Changing both to serial made the speedo work

Potential Tuner
    So just an update. The speedo works fine and I have calibrated it for the different diff ratio and tyre size. Problem is, I still don't have cruise control.
    I realised that the speedo works because I changed the setting in transmission to "Output speed sensor - fitted" (doesn't work unless fitted is selected) I reverted the speed sensor output (in speedometer settings) back to VehRep TOS and speedo still works, but still no cruise control..... any ideas on how to get the cruise control to work???.