Thread: Stupid High VE numbers

Tuner in Training

Stupid High VE numbers

I'm working on my first 2 bar OS and I'm obviously doing something very wrong. Engine is a 6.0 with a radix supercharger. At idle I'm having to put VE values around 120-150 to get somewhat close on my fueling and it does run horrible until I get it there so I feel like my wideband is reading correctly. Car came to me for a laundry list of mechanical problems and now I'm just trying to get it to run good enough to drive around the block. That being said I know the owner had someone messing with the tune trying to get it to idle when it had a bunch of vac leaks and other misc problems so I'm not sure if something he messed with I'm overlooking. As I'm typing this I'm starting to think i should get a stock tune and start from scratch. That being said I did the 2 bar OS, I have the MAF depinned from the PCM. It does have a 2 bar MAP sensor.

72321-1.hpt
    72321.hpl
    72321.Channels.xml
    Last edited by dbunyip; 07-23-2021 at 08:41 PM.

What's your fuel pressure?

What injectors are installed and is the data correct?

The idle timing is really high for just a supercharger too.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I was just checking that again. It has a cam, springs and long tube headers on it. The injectors are GM 25176061 which are 42# 8.1 marine injectors from what I've found. Fuel pressure is 52 psi on a return style fuel system

I've never found the proper data for the marine injectors but maybe it's out there.

If you are having to whack it with that much fuel to make it run good. My guess is that the injector data is wrong, there is a massive vacuum leak or your wideband is maybe not working right.

Even with a camshaft, most mild to moderate cams will idle closer to 20-22 degrees. This isn't exactly the fuel related problem but just something I saw.

Also I don't know what your base running airflow is so much higher in gear than in park, that is probably something you will want to fix.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training

Tuner in Training
    i'm going to keep playing with it but what I've done and found so far. I smoke checked the intake and nothing is leaking but there was a ton of leaks when i first got it. From my understaning the 2 bar OS does not use the MAF? but if I plug the MAF back in it swings my VE table totally the opposite direction and need VE values in the 20-30 range to idle at 1 EQ. The MAF is also failed at 1Hz and the high RPM disable is at 10000 so it should never look at the MAF anyway but it makes a difference. When I say its unplugged I have pin 32 removed from the PCM so IAT and whatever else is in the MAF is still there. The injectors are what come with the supercharger and although i can't find a working link to download my own it seems they were set a 40# from magnisun. I was at 39.7 on that tune and I've tried bumping the numbers up to 43.82# which was the numbers i found googling for them.

The MAF is failed at 1hz but you failed to let it fail the MAF completely. It can't fail the sensor if you tell it that there is no problem, having the 3 MAF dtc's set to no error reported won't let it fail the MAF. Change those to MIL on first error.

Tuner in Training
    Changed the p0103 p0102 and p0101 to mil on first error. I left the SES off. Set MAF fail to 0hz. Get a check engine for p0101. Now I get no change in EQ when changing VE table. Went from 70 to 200 and the wideband sits at 2.2 ish. narrowbands are at 100 ish and it feels/sounds lean

Tuner in Training
    OK so last time I was trying to change VE with RTT and it didn't change, Now I did it with the editer and it responds to my changes