Thread: LS3 Swap from Salvage 2011 Camaro SS - Starts and Dies in seconds

LS3 Swap from Salvage 2011 Camaro SS - Starts and Dies in seconds

I am doing an LS3 swap from a salvaged 2011 Camaro SS. I have the engine, trans, ECM and BCM installed. I am using a new Holley fuel tank with pump and an external filter/regulator return. The engine starts and dies in seconds. If I leave the key in the ignition position for some time, it does not start. After it starts and dies, I need to wait to start again. Attached are the DTCs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Did you disabled the VATS in the OS tab, then do a write entire to remove it??
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Yes. VATs is disabled. But it will only start if I have the original key in the cylinder with the sensor hooked up. Not sure why. Attached is the file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Disable the starter fault check and code P1631 as well.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Sorry, I am new so to verify, the starter fault check is on the OS section and the P1631 is on the Engine Diagnostics section, DTC's tab, correct? Thanks

Thank you very much for your help! I just figured out that I wasn't writing the whole file. It now runs with VATS disabled.

Yup, a write calibration only is not enough for a VATS removal. Needs a full write entire.

Tuner
    5FDP, Is that just on the gen IV engines? I have a 2001 gen III that I did a calibration write only (vats disable) and it runs.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelGreenStallion View Post
    5FDP, Is that just on the gen IV engines? I have a 2001 gen III that I did a calibration write only (vats disable) and it runs.
    GEN 3 computers don't require the Write Entire procedure.